Most likely to be traded?

bbsplitter

Reaction score
As the roster cut downs begin and we get closer to the beginning of the regular season, do you think there is anyone on the team that it would make sense to try and trade? Anyone you would like to see be traded? Any likely trade partners? Etc.

Mick063

Reaction score
The most tradable players (at a surplus) are at linebacker and wide receiver.

If one happens, I expect it to happen there. The teams high on the waiver wire will wait for cut downs. The teams low on the waiver wire and hurting at those positions, may initiate something.

The final cuts at linebacker will be gobbled up quickly except for perhaps Farwell (league veteran minimum salary hurts career special teamers). JS may initiate a trade because of it. I think it would be straight across for OL/DL depth instead of a pick. Just bringing in a guy for a "look see" similar to how they brought in that Denver defensive tackle in the Moffitt trade last year.

The young guy from Boston College, who never really got a chance to prove himself, is a prime candidate although they could probably get a better deal for Morgan or possibly even Irvin (longshot). Seahawks are stacked at the position.

Cartire

Reaction score
inb4 ride mentions TJax.

Wait, what am I saying, he believes that no team would want him.

Cartire

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3dbmmzdi said:
I'm all for trying to fleece Dallas for Malcom Smith.

What are you looking for? Because this is actually quite interesting. They need linebackers like crazy right now, and Smith coming off a SB MVP will have more pull.

This is actually really clever Sac, look at you go.

kearly

Reaction score
Does Dallas have a decent TE to spare? Farwell for a good #3 TE would be a pretty nice trade for Seattle.

Paschtorian

Reaction score
As a former SACRAMENTO_HAWKER, I must say,............

............this is INSPIRED.

Sac

Reaction score
Paschtorian":d0j8jmvk said:

That's funny. I first brought it up the day Sean Lee was put on IR. As to what I'd ask....like any good negotiation, you start ridiculously high and hope you get lucky like we did for the pick that got us Earl Thomas. If that doesn't work, you see what the buyer is willing to pay, and you stretch that as far as you can.

Cartire

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":frajqjvv said:
Paschtorian":frajqjvv said:

That's funny. I first brought it up the day Sean Lee was put on IR. As to what I'd ask....like any good negotiation, you start ridiculously high and hope you get lucky like we did for the pick that got us Earl Thomas. If that doesn't work, you see what the buyer is willing to pay, and you stretch that as far as you can.

Great. But lets get back to discussing possibilities. What do you believe would be a fair trade for Smith? And Im not mocking you, because I do think its a great idea. I just want to see what you think it would be worth, or even, what you think JS could get for him.

Sac

Reaction score
JS is a wizard and Jerruh Jones is senile. I'd start with a 1st and see if he blinks, which he likely will. Would settle for a 3rd.

Cartire

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":310rs0du said:
JS is a wizard and Jerruh Jones is senile. I'd start with a 1st and see if he blinks, which he likely will. Would settle for a 3rd.

First would never happen, but I could see him being swindled out of a third. Which I think would be a steal.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If we are trading our super owl MVP to Dallas we better get Tyron Smith for him.

Sac

Reaction score
A linebacker with elite speed and ball skills as well as championship experience could mean a lot to Dallas.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":2bdgky82 said:
A linebacker with elite speed and ball skills as well as championship experience could mean a lot to Dallas.
Our goal isn't to make *allas better, it's to fleece the living crud out of crazy uncle Jerry. This is the guy that practically had to be wrestled to the floor to get Johnny football's draft card out of his hand.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":30f8j20y said:
SacHawk2.0":30f8j20y said:
Our goal isn't to make *allas better, it's to fleece the living crud out of crazy uncle Jerry. This is the guy that practically had to be wrestled to the floor to get Johnny football's draft card out of his hand.

Smith is good, but he cant save that team. They actually have really good players, but they are so dysfunctional from inept coaching and grampa jones messing with everything, that they just cant succeed.

Sending them smith and taking them to the cleaners why we do it, im all down for that. And nothing against Smith, but you know, Business.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cartire":bc0cgxj1 said:
Sports Hernia":bc0cgxj1 said:
SacHawk2.0":bc0cgxj1 said:

Smith is good, but he cant save that team. They actually have really good players, but they are so dysfunctional from inept coaching and grampa jones messing with everything, that they just cant succeed.

Sending them smith and taking them to the cleaners why we do it, im all down for that. And nothing against Smith, but you know, Business.
*allas has some great players on offense, their defense however suuuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkssss!
I hate *allas and want them to be stuck in a hole of suck as long as humanly possible! :th2thumbs:

lukerguy

Reaction score
Perhaps Jeron Johnson. We're paying him quite a bit for a back up, and he's good enough to be a starter in the league... I could see a team sort on strong safety giving up a 2nd or 3rd for him.