Tonight's plan at QB

Largent80

Reaction score
It appears RW will play the entire first half, and maybe start the 3rd.

Then T-Jack will play.

That means Pryor and or Daniels will once again play with the scrubs in a meaningless 3rd or 4th quarter.

Haven't we seen enough of Jackson with this team?...Of course he needs game practice, however if we are keeping a 3rd QB why not let those 2 battle it out with better players?

Maybe I'm over reacting but this involves a possible roster spot.

http://mynorthwest.com/1036/2593241/ONe ... Jack-Pryor

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1g3y7h8m said:

Then T-Jack will play.

That means Pryor and or Daniels will once again play with the scrubs in a meaningless 3rd or 4th quarter.

Haven't we seen enough of Jackson with this team?...Of course he needs game practice, however if we are keeping a 3rd QB why not let those 2 battle it out with better players?

I just finished watching the Seahawks All Access show from .com and on that show, they said that they expect Pryor to get a good long look in the final pre season game.

I think we can look at game 3 as the final preparation game for the Season. By having it go Wilson then Jackson, I am going to assume that the decision has been made that Jackson is the number 2 guy. Getting Pryor and/or Daniels extra snaps in the final game will likely decide who to cut and even IF we are going to keep that 3rd qb.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Largent80":qkwetchk said:

Then T-Jack will play.

This is how it always is for game three Rob.

You know this. Move along, nothing to see.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I think you're correct that they know what they have in TJack.

I think that playing him tonight is more about the WR position, specifically that 5th or 6th spot.
Tjack is the better passer and knows the offense. Putting him in will presumably put the WRers on display without risking extra injury to Wilson. If you play Pryor you run the risk of him making a mistake on his own and limiting what you can see the WR do.

Am i off base?

sc85sis

Reaction score
Tarvaris barely played in game one and didn't play at all in game two. He'll get a good look tonight and then probably a brief look next week.

I expect next week to be mostly Pryor and Daniels.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Today in the "Some people will find anything to bitch about" :lol:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I understand the feeling to want to see more of Pryor, but at the end of the day, you're talking about QBs at the bottom of your roster. When you have a franchise QB, position battles for QB3 is not something people generally wring their hands about. Think about when you're watching non-Seahawks preseason games -- the 3rd and 4th QBs are afterthoughts at best.

Danny O'Neal's rant seems a bit over-the-top to me, all things considered.

Edit: Also, Basis makes a great point. Thus far, Pryor has been terrible at getting the ball to receivers (1 completion last game). Yes, he's made up for it by running, but we're not seeing any of our receivers. There are other players to evaluate.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Largent80":gmbeks6k said:

Then T-Jack will play.

Hi Rob, its typically like that.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
Largent80":vmal9h44 said:

Then T-Jack will play.

Good news with next week being against Oakland. They'll probably play their starters a LOT longer than we will. They've played their starters at least one extra series against the other team's twos. T-Jack or Prior might get some real game time against a starting (albiet not great) defense.

Latest posts