Britt's PFF grade for Preseason Week 3

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Justin Britt, RT, -5.1

Breakdown: The second round rookie is the front runner to be the starting right tackle this year, but was not ready to take on the likes of Lamarr Houston, Jeremiah Ratliff and Lance Briggs. While he didn’t allow a sack or hit, he allowed a lot of pressure. He struggled with defensive linemen going inside of him, as well as blocks on the second level.

Signature Stat: Over the first two weeks of the preseason, only one offensive tackle allowed more than six pressures. In this game Britt allowed seven.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... on-week-3/

Cartire

Reaction score
Learning. Bad games happen, hes still rookie with zero regular season experience.

kearly

Reaction score
What might be more concerning is that a semi-gimpy Okung seemed to allow just as much pressure while facing a less heralded opponent.

I'd be pretty surprised if Okung gets a 2nd contract in Seattle at this point.

Cartire

Reaction score
kearly":3h9gm6rb said:
What might be more concerning is that a semi-gimpy Okung seemed to allow just as much pressure while facing a less heralded opponent.

I want to give him more of a chance then that. He just came back and it was obvious he was not in game condition. Lets wait till Sept 4th before we make the call on Okung.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kearly":3v83usbb said:

Agreed. He is injury prone and no where near as good as a lot of people here think he is.

He is good, not great.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Just thinking outside the box since this is the topic: if you want a surprise cut how about Russell Okung.

Cutting him would save a cool $6.48 mil against the cap this year, and give the Seahawks $7 mil to work with next year. That could mean the difference of giving Cliff Avril an extension this year.

If the Seahawks feel that Okung is damaged goods at this point and he will always be struggling to stay healthy and consistent I could see them cutting Okung especially if they feel that he isn't going to be that much of an upgrade over a healthy Bailey who is not maxed out on his potential.

Its definitely a huge risk but it is an option especially if they already know Okung isn't in the future plans.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
That would be pretty insane, Pandion.

Starting LTs are the highest valued players in the NFL outside franchise QBs. Regardless of his durability issues, Okung will get a fat second contract from some team. More than that, if there was even a whiff of a thought Seattle was willing to drop him, teams would be climbing all over each other to send trade offers. You don't find above-average LTs on the trade market. You'd get huge compensation for him. So, to outright cut him would be a collosal waste.

Our OT position has arguably been the biggest area of concern heading into the season. Cutting the most talented player you have in that group probably wouldn't be the wisest decision. Whether or not the team should pay him a huge second deal is a different matter.

Taehwk

Reaction score
Early on there were rumors of the titans trading away Michael Roos, I wonder if he would become a trade target for the hawks if available?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2qj5xvg9 said:
Justin Britt, RT, -5.1

Breakdown: The second round rookie is the front runner to be the starting right tackle this year, but was not ready to take on the likes of Lamarr Houston, Jeremiah Ratliff and Lance Briggs. While he didn’t allow a sack or hit, he allowed a lot of pressure. He struggled with defensive linemen going inside of him, as well as blocks on the second level.

Signature Stat: Over the first two weeks of the preseason, only one offensive tackle allowed more than six pressures. In this game Britt allowed seven.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... on-week-3/
Definitely need to give up on Britt, I mean giving up SEVEN PRESSURES? from nobody bums, and washed up players like Briggs, Houston, and Ratliff?
Wait a minute, Y'all don't suppose that the Bears Defensive Coaches were targeting Britt, because he was the newbie, with only two PRO games of experience at RT, do Ya?
I'd laugh if it weren't so stupid that they'd actually grade a greenhorn this soon into the PRO's

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Taehwk":239ncqm1 said:
Early on there were rumors of the titans trading away Michael Roos, I wonder if he would become a trade target for the hawks if available?

That would be cool...He is from the Portland Area. I have talked to his brother a bunch.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kearly":34uovkft said:

Can you send me some of what you seen to be smoking lately? It has to be some insane suff.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Taehwk":lx21jswn said:

do it, and do it NOWWWWWWWW

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":34x288lo said:
kearly":34x288lo said:

Can you send me some of what you seen to be smoking lately? It has to be some insane suff.

whats so unreasonable with kearly's post? unless okung stays healthy all year, it would be "insane" to extend him, based off his injury history. this is a critical juncture for him. what happened last year when he went down? mcquistan happened, thats what :? . if okung is injured again and u extend okung after the season, then u still need to make sure u have a backup in place for when he goes down, again. he should prove he can be healthy for a full 16. i have no doubt that if he goes down this season or just performs sub-par that the okung experiment is over.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":1smoqxl6 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1smoqxl6 said:
kearly":1smoqxl6 said:

whats so unreasonable with kearly's post? unless okung stays healthy all year, it would be "insane" to extend him, based off his injury history. this is a critical juncture for him. what happened last year when he went down? mcquistan happened, thats what :? . if okung is injured again and u extend okung after the season, then u still need to make sure u have a backup in place for when he goes down, again. he should prove he can be healthy for a full 16. i have no doubt that if he goes down this season or just performs sub-par that the okung experiment is over.
It's not unreasonable but it's not something that will be as clear cut or easy to do as he's inferring and something I believe he's flat wrong about.We will see soon enough right?

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":372cuo3v said:
MizzouHawkGal":372cuo3v said:
kearly":372cuo3v said:

I think you're a little optimistic about what would happen if Okung were let go. It's nearly impossible in today's NFL to find a franchise LT without a Top 10 draft pick. The injuries will lower Okung's overall market value, but he is almost certain to be re-signed.

Yesterday was his first game back after having foot surgery. It was not Okung's best game (two pressures allowed with one sack) but he did some excellent work in the running game that showed his tremendous value to the team.

brettb3

Reaction score
Kearly, you're an awesome poster, but you're exaggerating on this one. Okung allowed two pressures to Britt's seven. Plus he was clearly rusty with it being his first game back. Let's allow the man to get his feet underneath him.

Melencause

Reaction score
brettb3":19nzooow said:
Kearly, you're an awesome poster, but you're exaggerating on this one. Okung allowed two pressures to Britt's seven. Plus he was clearly rusty with it being his first game back. Let's allow the man to get his feet underneath him.

ehh,,,, he did say "AT THIS POINT"

Think he was just expressing his displeasure about this game.

OP
OP
hawknation2014

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Melencause":1g3dxgpt said:
brettb3":1g3dxgpt said:

Yes but one preseason game (really one or two bad plays) should not effect how we view a potential contract that will not be needed until two full seasons from now.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2z173qw8 said:
Melencause":2z173qw8 said:
brettb3":2z173qw8 said:

Yes but one preseason game (really one or two bad plays) should not effect how we view a potential contract that will not be needed until two full seasons from now.
And it won't.

justafan

Reaction score
Seems like every other olineman has a built in excuse for poor play except Okung.
Carp and Unger have injuries people rush to their defense.Sweezy and Britt have the inexperience card.
Okung has never needed an excuse because he usually plays pretty well even after coming back from injury.It was one preseason game.
Injuries are aggravating but he still is the best Olineman we have.
As far as gelling and playing together.They do need that but each player still needs to do their job first before worrying about the other guy.
I sure has hell dont want to go into the season with Bailey as our LT.IMO he should still be playing guard.