Jackson Jeffcoat waived

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Having a deep team like the Seahawks, it will be tough for a lot of guys. This is the downside of sports. It's going to be long week for a lot of players. Maybe they will bring back Jeffcoat on PS.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I was very surprised by how underwhelming Jeffcoat was, I was really expecting him to play well for us.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I'd like to see Jeffcoat sign to the PS.

dusktreader

Reaction score
salamander":1hk1164r said:
Is there any rhyme or reason to the timing of these cuts?
Deadline to cut down to 75 man roster is tomorrow, I think

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I would think that they would want to limit a guy's time on the market if they wanted to sign him to the practice squad.

Mick063

Reaction score
Jeffcoat is a slowish "tweener". He may catch on with somebody in the short term but I doubt he sticks anywhere for long. Teams may take a peek because of his pedigree and AA credentials, but they will turn him loose after getting the look see.

I would bet the house that he doesn't end up on Seattle's practice squad. Doesn't have the attributes that Carroll covets......namely speed.

Jeffcoat is slightly higher profile than the typical undrafted rookie. I personally believe that Seattle would have let him go after the Denver preseason game (he really was that bad) except for the fact that the organization wants to appeal to future undrafted free agents by demonstrating they gave Jeffcoat a legitimate chance.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Everything I read about him before had him pegged as a tweener and that is why he wasn't drafted.

Kudos to the Hawks for giving him a chance, but sometimes the conventional wisdom is correct and it looks like he is a man without a position right now.

Id have no problem with him on the practice squad, but if hes gonna have an nfl career then somethings gotta give.

This ranks pretty low on my "surprise" scale.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Jeffcoat had the misfortune of being asked to change position as well.
Didn't take as quick as FO wanted I guess.

suppaball

Reaction score
hawkfan68":v47rirbv said:
Having a deep team like the Seahawks, it will be tough for a lot of guys. This is the downside of sports. It's going to be long week for a lot of players. Maybe they will bring back Jeffcoat on PS.
I concur this right here

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Jeffcoat needs a lot of work.. not surprised by this at all. He could very well wind up on the PS though, doubt anyone claims him off waivers

2_0_6

Reaction score
Wonder if the Cowboys would take a flier on him since they have been decimated at that spot.