Waiver Claims - post for any Hawks claims

GoHawks

Reaction score
Not surprising we put in a claim for TE, with McCoy ACL and recent Helfet inj., may see other claims for TE yet

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero 14m
#Lions weren't the only team interested in Egnew, a former 3rd-round pick. #Seahawks put in a claim, too. Detroit had priority (obviously).

Egnew's back on the street, released by DET

Pride Of Detroit
‏@PrideOfDetroit
#Lions roster cuts: Chris Greenwood, Michael Egnew released http://sbnation.com/e/5851088

Danny Kelly ‏@FieldGulls 4m
Seahawks were apparently the only other team to put a claim in on TE Michael Egnew last week, so now that he's cut in Detroit, watch him

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Michael Egnew would be an interesting option at TE for us, although he would be a pure pass catcher for us.

drdiags

Reaction score
Not sure why Detroit needs another TE, but maybe they could be considering letting go one of their vets or ???

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Could be, Dr.Diags

Would you guys take Brandon Pettigrew as our 3rd TE?

I'm kind of hoping Marcedes Lewis gets cut in JAX.

And there is always Tony Gonzalez, ha, but he ain't gonna take a vet min.

Maybe we can coax Sean McGrath out of retirement.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3az0qpco said:
Could be, Dr.Diags

Would you guys take Brandon Pettigrew as our 3rd TE?

I'm kind of hoping Marcedes Lewis gets cut in JAX.

And there is always Tony Gonzalez, ha, but he ain't gonna take a vet min.

Maybe we can coax Sean McGrath out of retirement.

Pettigrew or Lewis would be fine as a 3rd TE right now.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Michael Egnew is absolutely horrid, I'm shocked that the Hawks saw anything in him to put in a waiver claim. His former teammate at Mizzou, Justin Britt, must have owed him something fierce and put in a good word. My lord.

As for the Sean McGrath suggestion, besides the dubiousness of wanting a player who clearly has lost his passion for and commitment to the game, even if he 'unretired' he would belong to the Chiefs. You can't just 'retire' while under contract and then come back a month later and sign with another team.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":20mnezxp said:
Michael Egnew is absolutely horrid, I'm shocked that the Hawks saw anything in him to put in a waiver claim. His former teammate at Mizzou, Justin Britt, must have owed him something fierce and put in a good word. My lord.

As for the Sean McGrath suggestion, besides the dubiousness of wanting a player who clearly has lost his passion for and commitment to the game, even if he 'unretired' he would belong to the Chiefs. You can't just 'retire' while under contract and then come back a month later and sign with another team.

Sorry, crab apple I wasn't being serious about it.

ak3000

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":2xhi0vao said:
You can't just 'retire' while under contract and then come back a month later and sign with another team.

2008098802.jpg

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
ak3000":2c5q5z9u said:
NorthDallas40oz":2c5q5z9u said:
You can't just 'retire' while under contract and then come back a month later and sign with another team.

2008098802.jpg

Favre was traded to the Jets. It was known to the Green Bay staff at the time, that Brett Favre wanted to play for the Vikings and asked to be released. Rather than grant his request, he was banished to wallow on the Jets roster for a season, before "retiring" and being released.

ak3000

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":11pahphz said:
ak3000":11pahphz said:
NorthDallas40oz":11pahphz said:

2008098802.jpg

Favre was traded to the Jets. It was known to the Green Bay staff at the time, that Brett Favre wanted to play for the Vikings and asked to be released. Rather than grant his request, he was banished to wallow on the Jets roster for a season, before "retiring" and being released.

BFavre25

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Again, Favre was released from his contract by the Jets, which thus allowed him to sign with the Vikings. He didn't simply 'retire' so he could instantly make himself a free agent and able to sign with another team. If players could do that then half the league would be 'retiring' every year. If Sean McGrath (who was under contract with KC) wanted to return to football he would be the property of the Chiefs unless and until they waived him, and he would not have the ability to sign with any other team until that happened, so stop making pretentious JPG replies on subjects you clearly don't understand.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Xavier Grimble, TE, was cut by the Giants. Some of the draft experts on here was touting him pre-draft. He's from USC. Maybe they put a waiver claim on him for the 3rd TE spot.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
lsheldon":2pna5m2e said:
Saw this on Bleacher Report:

Curtis Crabtree @Curtis_Crabtree

Seahawks have claimed C Patrick Lewis off waivers from Jacksonville and waived LB Marcus Dowtin.
3:48 PM - 26 Aug 2014

http://bleacherreport.com/seattle-seahawks

Interesting, a center? Lewis is a big boy (6-1, 311) -- I wonder if they will change his position?

lsheldon

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1xz9els2 said:
lsheldon":1xz9els2 said:

Seahawks have claimed C Patrick Lewis off waivers from Jacksonville and waived LB Marcus Dowtin.

Interesting, a center? Lewis is a big boy (6-1, 311) -- I wonder if they will change his position?

Little bit of BIO info. He's played some Guard in college.

PRO: Second-year center was signed by the Jaguars off Cleveland’s practice squad on Dec. 17, 2013 ... Was originally signed as a rookie free agent by Green Bay in 2013 ... Four-year letterman at Texas A&M where he played alongside Jaguars OT Luke Joeckel ...

2013: Spent first 12 weeks on Cleveland’s active roster but was inactive for every game ... Signed by Browns to practice squad on Nov. 29 and was signed to Jacksonville’s active roster on Dec. 17 ... Was inactive on 12/22 vs. TEN and 12/29 at IND ...

COLLEGE: Four-year letterman ... Appeared in 51 games and finished his career with 48 consecutive starts ... Was a teammate of Jaguars’ 2013 first-round selection Luke Joeckel ... Moved from guard to center following his sophomore season ... Earned honorable mention All-Big 12 honors in his first season at center.

kpak76

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2ls8r98i said:
lsheldon":2ls8r98i said:

It should really read "Seahawks recall C Patrick Lewis from Triple-A affiliate Jacksonville" :lol:
The flow of players have been going the other way actually. Jacksonville is more like the retirement home for the Seahawks.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3vz9rvvd said:
lsheldon":3vz9rvvd said:

It should really read "Seahawks recall C Patrick Lewis from Triple-A affiliate Jacksonville" :lol:

This guy was with Green Bay at one time and they just lost their center... A little gamesmanship perhaps?

Latest posts