The Chicago game ....what I've been waiting for!

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
My wife and I were watching the game last Friday....and I just started chuckling after the first drive, then the second., the third so on and so on.....my wife asks whats so funny?, I said this is the Seahawks team I have been waiting for since 1976..
Even when we have had good teams it always seemed we were good but not dominant, Last years team obviously was great, but I suspect that this team is....if you can believe it going to be much better with a greatly improved offense and that tough, tough D....Wow! :179417:

Cartire

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":3gb56ihw said:
My wife and I were watching the game last Friday....and I just started chuckling after the first drive, then the second., the third so on and so on.....my wife asks whats so funny?, I said this is the Seahawks team I have been waiting for since 1976..
Even when we have had good teams it always seemed we were good but not dominant, Last years team obviously was great, but I suspect that this team is....if you can believe it going to be much better with a greatly improved offense and that tough, tough D....Wow! :179417:

I share your optimism.

But I still have to caution the effects of preseason.

suppaball

Reaction score
Me too, and yes it is preseason, but damn we are looking good out there.

The guy that delivers the bread to my work is a raider fan. He has said to me many times how the niners look like hot garbage and how the hawks look unstoppable. Feels good don't it.?

But it is preseason. And that could be just a raider fan that knows he can't talk shi to the champs.

hawker84

Reaction score
I understand it's preseason, but that third game made a statement, it was the ones against the ones for 2+ quarters and we rolled. that says something, Preseason or not, you still block the guy in front of you , you still have pro db's covering the receivers, you still read the defense and execute. we did all that and then some.

I truly feel the game has finally slowed down for RW, his comments on the sidelines during the SB gave me chills when he said he was locked in and can see everything. That will not bode well for opposing defenses. Not to mention you can already see the chemistry between Harvin, Baldwin and Kearse, they appear to already be in mid-season form. Lynch looks good as ever, Turbin and Michael will be strong backups.

Barring major injuries, there is no way we will not be competitive week in week out, i truly do not see any teams that are better than us accross the board. I know "Any Given Sunday" but if we go out and execute the way we're capable, we will be in every game, and favorites in most.

I have a lot more confidence going into this season as i've ever had, should be a fun ride. Heck le'ts just go win another one, why not?

BlueTalons

Reaction score
suppaball":3vjpcj93 said:
Me too, and yes it is preseason, but damn we are looking good out there.

The guy that delivers the bread to my work is a raider fan. He has said to me many times how the niners look like hot garbage and how the hawks look unstoppable. Feels good don't it.?

But it is preseason. And that could be just a raider fan that knows he can't talk shi to the champs.
Since you mentioned the Raiders, I had to post this book I somehow stumbled across:
http://www.amazon.com/Badasses-Legend-M ... s=badasses

Part of the description:
...Badasses is the definitive biography of arguably the last team to play old-fashioned tough-guy football.
...until the Pete Carroll's Seattle Seahawks that is! :th2thumbs:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think, besides obviously talent, that it's speed. I've heard more and more NFL folks comment that we are simply playing at a higher speed than the rest of the NFL. It's the way we practice. We practice full go, and it translates over on gameday seemlessly.

sam1313

Reaction score
Aros":1qemlwib said:
I think, besides obviously talent, that it's speed. I've heard more and more NFL folks comment that we are simply playing at a higher speed than the rest of the NFL. It's the way we practice. We practice full go, and it translates over on gameday seemlessly.

It doesn't hurt that we key in on speed in the draft too, always on the look out for exceptionally fast players.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Aros":3mahnob5 said:

And I'd say that's worth forking over $300K once in a while.

gargantual

Reaction score
Aros":13uthfdo said:

Which is proof that the Seahawks are cheaters (something an opposing fan actually said...paraphrased of course!).

Largent80

Reaction score
Pre season game. Did you see the superbowl?.

That was when it counted, and the count was 43. Could have been much more.

This years squad has a few minor tweaks but remains a team that will be VERY competitive.

ground chuck

Reaction score
Like many hawks fans last years championship was a long time in the making. 38 years for me. I think we deserve a back to back and this is the time to do it. #lonelyeastcoasthawksfan

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ground chuck":3mlfp2cy said:
Like many hawks fans last years championship was a long time in the making. 38 years for me. I think we deserve a back to back and this is the time to do it. #lonelyeastcoasthawksfan
Looking at your location it seems you are trapped in the Harbaugh Triangle. Welcome to .net GroundChuck. :th2thumbs:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ground chuck":1ioititr said:
Looking at your location it seems you are trapped in the Harbaugh Triangle. Welcome to .net GroundChuck. :th2thumbs: