Lady Luck... According to espn

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I love it when people confuse correlation and causation. If one understands a lot of the reasons why the Giants and Ravens fell off a cliff and died on impact following their recent Super Bowl victories, they will see that it's exceptionally unlikely that the Seahawks follow suit.

Whatever, more motivation for the Seahawks players who always seem to find things to be angry about to drive them forward no matter what. :)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":e4ckdj3k said:
The harder I work the luckier I become....

simple enough....

amazing that people who cover a professional sport can confuse the two

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Well anyone that's been paying any attention to the pre-season and has any clue about football can see that the Seahawks look like they are bigger, faster, stronger, smarter, more dominating, more experienced, more prepared and even hungrier than last year. And not only have they "looked" the part, they've actually shown it... There are fans of 31 other teams in the NFL who are rightfully excited and have high hopes and expectations for their teams this season, and for those fans (including reporters) that have been paying attention and know anything about football, all of them keep glancing over at the Seahawks and quietly, under their breath, keep saying to themselves... "Holy Shit"

Articles like this are fully designed, at this time of year, to give all those other fans of the 31 other teams at least a little bit of hope that they stand any chance at winning a Super Bowl this season.

hawker84

Reaction score
read this article myself and had a good chuckle. some folks just don't or don't want to see the big picture and refuse to accept reality. I knew this article would cause a stir among the ranks. We all should know by now, articles like this do nothing but fuel the fire. Repeat.....

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I read that sill article too but found the dumb comments below entertaining.

I was not aware but apparently we are doomed because we lost the better half our starting D-line, half our secondary, and half our perenial all pro O-line. Ohh, and lest not forget our best 2 WR's. So, pack it up kidz, the season is over.

(Note: I feel I should not need this but just in case. :sarcasm_off: )

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":x85zwmqr said:
Well anyone that's been paying any attention to the pre-season and has any clue about football can see that the Seahawks look like they are bigger, faster, stronger, smarter, more dominating, more experienced, more prepared and even hungrier than last year. And not only have they "looked" the part, they've actually shown it... There are fans of 31 other teams in the NFL who are rightfully excited and have high hopes and expectations for their teams this season, and for those fans (including reporters) that have been paying attention and know anything about football, all of them keep glancing over at the Seahawks and quietly, under their breath, keep saying to themselves... "Holy Shit"

Articles like this are fully designed, at this time of year, to give all those other fans of the 31 other teams at least a little bit of hope that they stand any chance at winning a Super Bowl this season.

That about sums it up for me too.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I did not clik on the article. I just guessed what the content would be about and you all confirmed it. What those other teams lost was both arms and both legs after the Supperbowl. What we lost was the fingernail clippings and Toenail clippings that were bothering us. We kept the main body and arms and legs. Best analogy I could come up with after my usual cupola of coffee in the morning. Cheers...and GO HAWKS.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
LawlessHawk":yfc77yx1 said:

Gives other teams hope and trolls our fans, all for the sake of clicks. Nobody will read Seahawk feelgood pieces but Seahawk fans.

Also, if he had actually plotted wins versus first round picks, which he obviously didn't do, he would realize that the R on that is closer to 0 than 1. I eyeballed the list and could easy tell that. Not to mention the correlation/ causation argument above. Only 3 of the top 10 teams were in the playoffs. Better front offices and better coaching still reigns. In JS and PC we trust.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
How soon we all forget. It wasn't very many years ago that we were measuring our seasons hopes on the chance to make it to the playoffs where, as everyone here would point out, "it's a crap shoot".

Even though the Hawks are the best team in the NFL, it's still a crap shoot in the playoffs.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
It's poop. I hear this kind of thing from 9er fans all the time. Also accusations of cheating and holding on every play...

warden

Reaction score
No team can win it all without a little lady luck especially when it comes to injuries

sutz

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1wn25arv said:
I did not clik on the article. I just guessed what the content would be about and you all confirmed it. What those other teams lost was both arms and both legs after the Supperbowl. What we lost was the fingernail clippings and Toenail clippings that were bothering us. We kept the main body and arms and legs. Best analogy I could come up with after my usual cupola of coffee in the morning. Cheers...and GO HAWKS.
I don't think it was quite that way. We did lose some good players, that will probably do well in their new homes. But we hardly lost the 'heart and soul' of any part of the team. A LOT of the players that won the SB are still here, and apparently still hungry for more.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Lady Luck...
I'm not going to click on the link but I'm guessing it's about Indianapolis Colt ' s quarterback and his chance at winning it all.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Obviously it's a very difficult task to win one Super Bowl let alone repeat. I don't think anyone here just assumes it'll happen, we're simply confident that we have a decent opportunity/chance. There's nothing wrong with that.

Conversely, those who say, "It rarely happens, therefore it won't happen now" are similar to people who think that there is no possibility of life on other planets simply because we haven't found any yet, or those who believed man couldn't fly because no one had yet figured out aerodynamics.