MNF - Seahawks at Fedex Field

stack

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am traveling down to D.C for the Monday Night Football game against the Redskins on October 6th, and I am in the process of buying a couple tickets to the game.

I was wondering if anyone here has ever been to Fedex Field, and how is the crowd like. I have been told that the Redskins fans were quite rowdy, and that the stadium wasn't the safest in the NFL. I am attending the game with my fiancée (we're both from Ireland but are curently living in Toronto) and we will be fully decked with Seahawks gear (game-used Seneca Wallace jersey for myself, game-used Michael Boulware jersey for herself - I can take the criticism ;) . I have only experienced the CLink, Qualcomm and MetLife so far, and I have never had any issues, quite the opposite!!

I also wanted to know if anyone was familiar with the stadium layout, as I am torn between seats in Section 114 (right above the Seahawks tunnel in the N-W corner of the endzone), 111 (middle of the end zone) and in the 200's at midfield behind the Seahawks bench. We only get to see our Hawks once a year, so I really want to make the most of it!

Anyways, any input would be greatly appreciated, Go Hawks!

Thomas

Seattle_Stunna_MD

Reaction score
I've been to FedEx a few times and have tix for the wife and I to attend the MNF game as well. The playoff game 2 years ago I attended, it got a little rowdy especially when they got up early, but they settled down once RW took over. Its really not a bad crowd imo. Seahawks fans were really well represented and had a huge tailgate prior that was awesome.

I'd go midfield, dont personally like the end zone seats. We r up in the 400s.

You'll be fine. Baltimore was another story :/ My wife's first game. We will be decked out too.

edogg23

Reaction score
Yuck, that sucks we have to go play on that sorry excuse for a playing field, hopefully it won't cost us injuries this year.

kev007

Reaction score
Hi man,

We'll be in Florida on vacation then so planning on watching the game in a bar there! Have a great trip!

Kev

mikeak

Reaction score
edogg23":16wj3lns said:
Yuck, that sucks we have to go play on that sorry excuse for a playing field, hopefully it won't cost us injuries this year.

It was redone last year

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
edogg23":270loqyv said:
It should be alright because it's early in the season. That field really gets tore up much later usually.

eastcoast12

Reaction score
My lone experience was in 2005. I was wearing my #8, and my bro-in-law (a Skins fan) and I got there early. I had some stuff thrown at me (just once, by some obviously already intoxicated punks) while walking into the stadium, but I let it slide. Inside I got your normal phrases questioning my sexual preference. And at my seat before kickoff, a guy behind me told me I had a lot of nerve sitting there (front row of middle section on the 40), using other colorful metaphors. I simply said I never get to see my team play. By the end of the game, he was telling others to shut up and leave me alone.

Biggest issue for me was when we left (we lost in OT). The fans were really bad, but nothing directed towards me. Nothing worse, tho, then after the game in Baltimore.

So, all in all, I would say it was normal.

cgfcgf

Reaction score
My brother (redskins fan) and I went to the playoff game on 1/6/13 and sat in Section 224 / row 5. I thought they were good seats. That first quarter was rough and we drank a little too much before we went in so i spent a lot of time going to the bathroom (and made the bad mistake of holding in one before the halftime drive just to see a field goal and then walk around all halftime because if I stopped and waited in a line it may not have been pretty).

Anyways, we read a lot before buying tickets. My advice - don't buy until the week of the game. At worst case you'll get cheap seats up top. Best case would be a bad start for WSH and people dumping tickets the week of the game. To me people are posting high prices now and if people will pay it good for them. We also watched on Stubhub how many tickets remained available. If a lot are still available then people will be forced to dump them. We bought 2 days before the playoff game at $10 over face value.

We used a Redskins site similar to this to get info on seats and tried to select the best value closest seats for our money:

http://es.redskins.com/topic/142397-eve ... ld/page-37

zhawk

Reaction score
Not quite anything like the black hole. But if you mind your manners, most will leave you alone.

BKCW

Reaction score
I will be there in full Seahawk regalia. Section 404, Row 23, seats 19-20. If there plans for some tailgating let me know. I would love to come visit and share in the festivities.

Hawks46

Reaction score
You're Irish ! You should be able to out drink and out fight those wussy Redskins fans ! :thirishdrinkers: