Bucky Brooks thinks Wilson will get MVP

MB12

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... r-and-more

"Bucky Brooks: Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks. After proving to the football world that he is more than capable of guiding the Seahawks into the 2014 postseason on the strength of his right arm, Wilson walks away with the league's highest individual honor due to Seattle's emergence as an offensive juggernaut"

I really hope he is right (obviously). Can anyone see this happening, considering our offense will surely remain run first and the east coast bias remains?

gowazzu02

Reaction score
MB12":3ba31lrz said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000384349/article/2014-nfl-award-predictions-mvp-rookie-of-the-year-and-more

"Bucky Brooks: Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks. After proving to the football world that he is more than capable of guiding the Seahawks into the 2014 postseason on the strength of his right arm, Wilson walks away with the league's highest individual honor due to Seattle's emergence as an offensive juggernaut"

I really hope he is right (obviously). Can anyone see this happening, considering our offense will surely remain run first and the east coast bias remains?

He was up there last year in discussions (DISTANTLY) behind the chosen one.

All his stats were great (besides yards)

If he hits his goal of 70% completion percentage and the team continues to win. he'll have to be in the discussion. Doubt he'd ever win it, with everything the NFL is doing to push peyton.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I'm not sure it's feasible because those voters love numbers more then wins. I think it would depend on if we go something like 14-2 or 15-1 with Wilson topping 3750 yards and being in the Superbowl and him passing for 300+ yards 2-3 TD's and winning again.

OP
OP
M

MB12

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":198kp4tg said:
I'm not sure it's feasible because those voters love numbers more then wins. I think it would depend on if we go something like 14-2 or 15-1 with Wilson topping 3750 yards and being in the Superbowl and him passing for 300+ yards 2-3 TD's and winning again.

Yeh, that was my line of thought too.

In regards to the article, Bucky seems to be loving the Broncos... I don't get that at all!

SonomaHawk

Reaction score
Pretty sure MVP gets decided before the SB-- I think it's based solely on regular season performance. The Hawks as a run-first team narrative is likely to change somewhat this year. Vegas has Wilson as a 20/1 long shot to win MVP. While there are certainly other players more likely to win based on how their teams are built (Manning, Brees, etc.), 20/1 is just too good to pass up.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I predict he'll be the first MVP to win the Superbowl the same year he was voted MVP.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I predict he'll be the first MVP to win the Superbowl the same year he was voted MVP.

aawolf

Reaction score
I've done a lot of thinking about this, and I'm drafting RW if he's still on the board in Round 2 of my fantasy draft this year. Seriously--I think he's the sleeper of the year in fantasy. I might wait till round 3, but I'm not as patient as Carrol waiting that long to see if he's still on the board.

pmedic920

Reaction score
1-0 every week is what I care about.
All the other stuff will come as it may.
If the Hawks keep winning, they can only deny the accolades for so long.
The 1-0 every week mantra did well for us last year. I hope they keep it.
Focus on the task at hand.

SonomaHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2gtwm799 said:
1-0 every week is what I care about.
All the other stuff will come as it may.
If the Hawks keep winning, they can only deny the accolades for so long.
The 1-0 every week mantra did well for us last year. I hope they keep it.
Focus on the task at hand.

I like where your head is at and I sure as sh*t don't want the players thinking about accolades and the like. But one of the privileges of being a fan is that you get to do that-- because it is unlikely to affect the play on the field :)

warden

Reaction score
All I have on my mind is tomorrows game against the Raiders

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch and the Defense would both have to implode while the Hawks still manage to repeat strictly on the arms and legs of RW. In order for RW to get credit as MVP.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3qmrzz7d said:
warden":3qmrzz7d said:
All I have on my mind is tomorrows game against the Raiders
You sure you want to call that a game? :mrgreen:

Scrimmage...with 3rd graders.....and our backup rotations on the line. 8)

Anthony!

Reaction score
ZagHawk":36m2xbaw said:
Marshawn Lynch and the Defense would both have to implode while the Hawks still manage to repeat strictly on the arms and legs of RW. In order for RW to get credit as MVP.

Totally disagree, Rw has been getting a lot of press, and experts have started looking a little more closely at things. On the paid part of ESPN they talked about Luck and how he has more around him then some think. For instance Rodgers is considered a Favorite for MVP and some on ESPN have already said he has as good a run game as there is in the NFL right now, which is true, and he has one of the best Wr corps as well. The same of Manning, how good his Wr Corp is and his defense now. People are starting to talk about how all the better QBs have a lot around them, its not just RW. If he puts up 3500+ yards, and 70+% complt, 25+ tds and single digit int and with a QB rating over 100 again and we are wining he has a good shot, 20-1 is not bad and shows people are starting to change their thinking. Not all but a lot are starting to change. All those numbers for Rw are well within reach for him, I think he will top 4k this year.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Forget MVP. I want Russ and the Hawks to be the first team ever to three-peat Super Bowl wins. Individual accolades can come later in his career. After he's won six Super Bowls. Fap!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":2lzawtga said:
ZagHawk":2lzawtga said:

Totally disagree, Rw has been getting a lot of press, and experts have started looking a little more closely at things. On the paid part of ESPN they talked about Luck and how he has more around him then some think. For instance Rodgers is considered a Favorite for MVP and some on ESPN have already said he has as good a run game as there is in the NFL right now, which is true, and he has one of the best Wr corps as well. The same of Manning, how good his Wr Corp is and his defense now. People are starting to talk about how all the better QBs have a lot around them, its not just RW. If he puts up 3500+ yards, and 70+% complt, 25+ tds and single digit int and with a QB rating over 100 again and we are wining he has a good shot, 20-1 is not bad and shows people are starting to change their thinking. Not all but a lot are starting to change. All those numbers for Rw are well within reach for him, I think he will top 4k this year.

I just still feel like the critics will point fingers at Harvin, Lynch and the LOB as the reason for the Seahawks success. If RW plays all 2014 like he capped out 2012. Then it'd be a different story.

zhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2yxu9nia said:

Isn't that the truth. Obviously Russell has no effect on the game results. :1: