Not much to say after this one

kearly

Reaction score
Hope Marsh is okay. Our nickle pass rush has looked not quite good enough many times this preseason and it seems like blitzing is bad news for our pass protection. I really liked what I saw from the Marsh/Schofield/Bennett/Avril NASCAR package in week 3.

It's not entirely his fault, but there might not be a receiver on our roster that I trust less on a target beyond 15 yards than Richardson. I like him, but he's been like the anti-Jermaine Kearse this preseason.

I'm really glad Seattle had a game like this against a terrible team's backups. 28 points given up to a defense that was mostly starters in the first quarter or so. Carr got insanely lucky on a few throws and got tons of time on others, and the biggest plays came against roster fringe corners. Mostly though, that outburst was a result of momentum spiraling out of control. Three TDs on three offensive plays.

Anyone else predict Walters' fumble literally the instant before it happened? He loves to carry that ball loose. Ball security aside, Walters had a nice game.

Thinking about Turbin as a starting RB is really depressing.

Schofield had a great preseason.

Pryor had the least inspiring 108 passer rating game I've ever seen. Too many of his passes are ducks. You could tell that the coaches had him on a leash in this game because he kept resisting the urge to run even when it was a good idea to do so. I will be understanding if Pryor makes the roster, but I am kind of hoping this is the last time I have to see him in a Hawks uniform. Even when he has a decent game, he's not fun to watch.

BJ Daniels is fun to watch, and other than two overthrows at the end of this game he had a very effective preseason. It'd be cool if he clears waivers and makes the PS, I really doubt Seattle would commit a roster spot to a guy with so little playtime.

I probably shouldn't be, but Tjack's poor performance in the last two preseason games has me concerned. He's looked too rusty for too long.

I don't know how many starters Oakland had on D at the start, but Wilson made them look like clowns.

jake206

Reaction score
What worries me the most is the lack of run defense by the hawks. Hopefully this can be chalked up to poor footing and overconfidence. Raiders did what none of the other 3 preseason teams were unable to do. Run on them at will. If this becomes a common theme in the upcoming weeks, look for John Schneider to start churning through free agent DL men in a hurry. FYI: Alan Branch is still available...just sayin'.

Bright spot: Russell's performance continues to be flawless. 1st drive was a thing of beauty.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If Pryor wins a roster spot he will win the title of being the worst player to ever play in a Seahawk uniform in the regular season.

I can see it, but he is still the least skilled QB I have ever seen on a Hawk team. There are actually people I saw passing footballs at the beach that are better.

Will be disappointing if we lose a good WR or player like Small because we keep a waste of space / slot like Pryor.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I, as always, appreciate your random thoughts (whether labeled as such or not).

I didn't get to watch much of the game, but it seemed the pocked collapsed around Pryor quickly. I'm not justifying his poor night, but the second OL and deeper looked porous.

HawkWow

Reaction score
While not perfect, we are the best team in the NFL. As with most teams, health will be critical to our continued success.

It wasn't that long ago our first teams looked like this.

We couldn't ask for a much better opener. The Pack will be a formidable opponent and 168 hours from now we should have a much better idea of where we are at. I'm not worried. Not even a little.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Personally, I don't give much of a rip outside of the first series for our defense. Oakland played all of their starters except Shaub, and I'm honestly thinking Carr is already better at this point. It's not inspiring that the Raiders drove right down the field on us in that first series and punched it in.

That being said, this is the best thing that could happen to us. I honestly think this team disrespected the Raiders a bit, and the Raiders came out and punched them in the mouth. This is something to piss the defense off and get them fired up. This gives the coaches some material.

Wilson put a clown suit on that entire Raiders defense. And yes, they were playing starters.

Wagner looked a step slow. I think his hammy is still bothering him. Usually, he flies to the ball like a heat seaking missile, but this game he took angles and let the ball carrier come to him.

Malcom Smith looks a bit rusty; he missed a tackle in the A gap that cost us a big run. He made up for it later but he needs to shake the rust off.

TJack looks like the same old TJack. THere were times this preseason where he looked incredibly smooth and looked to all spots on the field. This game, however, he just looked to the right. He's always been a predominantly ride sided passer, but he didn't even scan the middle of the field this game. I swear, any TE on his team has to hate him, unless they leak out to the right flat.

Anyone know what the deal with Tharold Simon was ? I didn't see him all game. This would've made a big difference, as Carr didn't care who he threw at. He actually completed a pass on Sherman. You could see Sherm was pissed.

I'm not too worried, as guys like Kam and Malcom Smith will shake the rust off. I'd like to see more impact out of our pass rush, but I think we will. Avril didn't play this game either; I also didn't see Bennett, so we didn't play all of our starters.

Kevin Pierre-Lewis flashed a bit. That was a nice pick he had.

Shead had a solid game.

Holy hell, this had to be the most offsides penalties on kickoffs I've ever seen in one game, much less against the same team.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Has it occured to everyone, that at least as it relates to the starters they were told to not get hurt, and all. I mean very little stunts, very little anything on defense. It was like preseason game 1. Considering what they did to a good running Bears team in the only preseason game that really matters I would not be to worried, Now they do that against GB I am worried, but given how Rw and our offense looks we can win a shoot out. But right now preseason game 4 not to worried. Also FYI those guys that wen to Jacksonville you are all lamenting gave up 6.6 ypc against the Lions in preseason week 3 the same week we gave up under 4 ypc to the bears. The bears were the higher ranked run offense of the 2.

253hawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":2iulqx2f said:
Holy hell, this had to be the most offsides penalties on kickoffs I've ever seen in one game, much less against the same team.

The kickoff spot is right in the middle of the dirt on both ends of the field and I think Hauschka was slowing his approach a little to compensate. You don't want to plant too quickly on the crap; look what happened to him in that playoff game against the Redskins on their crap field.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I gotta hand it to Carr. Reminds me of Russell Wilson two seasons ago. He denitely should start, not Shaub with the fork stuck on his hind.

Fringe guys who I will miss if they dont make the roster: Daniels, Walters, Small, Lockette (although he might be a lock).

Not worried although the first D looked bad. Just a good wake up call after the Bears roast.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
The Raiders had a lot of their 1st team D not playing. Just sayin.....Our Offense looked great on that first series but we were tearing up mostly their depth.

Largent80

Reaction score
It was a "game" that survival without injury is the goal. We didn't do that as Marsh and Pierre got hurt.

Great wake up call for practice this week. I feel sorry for GB.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2446hsxy said:
If Pryor wins a roster spot he will win the title of being the worst player to ever play in a Seahawk uniform in the regular season.

I can see it, but he is still the least skilled QB I have ever seen on a Hawk team. There are actually people I saw passing footballs at the beach that are better.

Will be disappointing if we lose a good WR or player like Small because we keep a waste of space / slot like Pryor.

Agree totally, but who says he will be active for any game if he makes the roster.

He's an uber athlete but he's not a very good QB.

A

Anonymous

Maybe Richardson could use some Lasik surgery to help his deep ball vision.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3ljx705k said:
Maybe Richardson could use some Lasik surgery to help his deep ball vision.

Or possibly just having an accurate pass would help.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It seems to be part of a trend. Not just kearly's young, big-arm QB giving Seattle trouble, but also the DBs having tough games against nobodies. (Jarius Wright, who?)

Unfortunately, there's not much the starters can (or would) really learn from beating the hell out of the Raiders. And since their guys had 'career' days, good for them. Tip your cap, and move on. Because Rodgers won't throw balls that Carr did.

LaSeeno

Reaction score
Hawks46":304quxmo said:
Personally, I don't give much of a rip outside of the first series for our defense. Oakland played all of their starters except Shaub, and I'm honestly thinking Carr is already better at this point. It's not inspiring that the Raiders drove right down the field on us in that first series and punched it in.

LOL! Did you watch the game? Oakland sat almost every single starter. I think they said 18/22 sat. And at least one was Khalil Mack who plays D. Name one Oakland starter who played O? It was Oaklands 2nd and 3rd string O against the Seattle 1st team D for at least two drives, then some starters stayed in through the 1st half.