Did Wagner look slow?

oasis

Reaction score
I saw another post about this in another thread and recall thinking the same thing.

RobDaHawk

Reaction score
Not only slow, but rusty too. I recall him missing when coming up through a couple of the gaps. I'm not too worried though. I think he will be amped up as well as the rest of the D for our first game.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
He looked winded, and at a couple of times, like he had not communicated properly with the rest of the defense.

First game effort. Think he'll be fine.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3ogvveaz said:
He looked winded, and at a couple of times, like he had not communicated properly with the rest of the defense.

First game effort. Think he'll be fine.
Yep he just looked gassed to my eyes

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Slow? No.

Indecisive and a guy who hasn't played yet this year? Yes.

VaporHawk

Reaction score
Slow? Yes.

Mainly because he was chasing down edge plays. On the bright side, he was making the tackle so he has that going for him.

rigelian

Reaction score
He looked like this the when he came back from an ankle injury last year. It seems that he needs to get back into the flow of the game when he comes back from injury.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
oasis":2ejmmqd3 said:
I saw another post about this in another thread and recall thinking the same thing.
Yep, he played in pre-season mode, He wasn't going to risk injury for a meaningless game, and neither would I.
He didn't have a single thing that he felt needed proving in that game.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
I thought most of the guys on D coming back from injury looked rusty. Good thing is that rust shakes off.

Mick063

Reaction score
Watch the divisional round against New Orleans again.

The Saints started the first quarter by running over the top of Wagner. He looked like he was going to have a bad day. Ingram and Robinson were shredding him.

Then he magically transformed.

From the second quarter on he was a man possessed. Literally took over the game at various points.

I personally believe he is a slow starter but finishes like a gang buster.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Mick063":2lb88wf1 said:
Watch the divisional round against New Orleans again.

The Saints started the first quarter by running over the top of Wagner. He looked like he was going to have a bad day.

Then he magically transformed.

From the second quarter on he was a man possessed. Literally took over the game at various points.

I personally believe he is a slow starter but finishes like a gang buster.

You can say the same thing in the STL game after Wagner was out for two games. His 1st Q back he looked rough, but then, BOOM, tackle for loss, and he was back.