RW going to be on Cowherd at 9:30ish PST

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He must have gone on after the show exited in my region because I never heard him. They kept hyping him as "next segment" but all I heard was Cowherd repeating the same lines over and over and over again.

McG

Reaction score
Cowherd=know-it-all windbag. Makes me really hate the fact that I live in ARK and we have 2 sports talk radio stations. ESPN and some local crap, one of the shows features Matt "cokehead" Jones. The callers call him out on it at least once a week, which is the only reason I listen if I'm driving at that time. It's hilarious and awkward. They say things like, "why did you waste all your talent on getting high?" He responds by saying that he was young and havin' fun, blah blah blah. Him and Reggie Williams really threw their careers away out in Jacksonville.

Sorry for getting sidetracked, but yeah did he ever talk to Russell? If so, can someone break it down?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I hated Cowherd for a while, he is a know-it-all and kind of a jerk. Problem with that is he's also usually right.

I'll take that over most of the local guys - who are polite and PC and 'nice', and also completely uninformed and usually wrong.

Tical21

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3okdarwd said:
I hated Cowherd for a while, he is a know-it-all and kind of a jerk. Problem with that is he's also usually right.

I'll take that over most of the local guys - who are polite and PC and 'nice', and also completely uninformed and usually wrong.
Actually, I think he tends to be almost always wrong. Maybe not wrong as much as he misses the point. He will spend multiple segments going on about parts of an issue that aren't relevant, and never hits on what the actual crux of the issue is.

At any rate, I think we can probably all pretty much recite the interview word for word. We're taking it one day at a time, it's a competition, we have to take care of the ball, why not us? Go Hawks.

m0ng0

Reaction score
living in the Portland area we had to endure him for many years before he went national, his voice just grates on my nerves, I did tune in on the morning drive this morning ....no Russell

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think there's ever been a local athlete that I'm more excited about watching play, yet less excited about seeing him interviewed than Russell.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1j7iu4e7 said:
I don't think there's ever been a local athlete that I'm more excited about watching play, yet less excited about seeing him interviewed than Russell.

I feel just the opposite about Hasselbeck (except for the non-spazzlebeck games)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":sk5xxbqh said:
Sgt. Largent":sk5xxbqh said:

I feel just the opposite about Hasselbeck (except for the non-spazzlebeck games)

LOL.

I've actually heard some decent interviews with Russell. When the interviewer asks him personal or silly questions he's actually pretty funny......it's the football questions that make him go into Separation's in the Preparation Russell Robot Mode.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I used to hate him but I kinda like him now.

Funny,same way I used to feel about Stephen A. Smith.

Anyways, just so everyone knows, in his two hours he usually brings up Russ at least 10 times in a positive light.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":23tqkt5m said:
Sgt. Largent":23tqkt5m said:

I'm due for a rebound year. I'll show you.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I get the feeling that sometimes Cowherd trolls listeners so that he can cruise by without ever planning a show.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I totally forgot about this. Heard the segment coming up then something at work got in the way and I missed it. I found the link for those who want to hear it

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=11431123

FYI the background on the part where Cowherd asked him about the 3X1 set? He had Greg Cosell on earlier in the show. At the end of the Cosell inteview he asked "Give me something I can ask Russell Wilson that makes me sound smart"

Cosell "Ask him about the 3X1 sets Seattle is using this year."
After some back and forth
Cosell "Are you going to admit it came from me"
Cowherd "No"