Match-ups against Green Bay

KPA

Reaction score
Thr match-up that concerns me most this week will be the rookie Britt vs. Julius Peppers. If Britt gets the nod to start, it will be as monumental challenge.

Any other match-ups to watch?

hoxrox

Reaction score
Our Run D vs Eddie Lacy.

The 12s vs their rookie Center.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
For offense, the Packers will pretty much blitz every down. Harvin needs to see the ball a lot.

Unger and our guards will be facing the backup NT. Need to clear space through the middle.

rastahawk

Reaction score
hoxrox":3ubue61z said:
Our Run D vs Eddie Lacy.

The 12s vs their rookie Center.

This is pretty much my main concern also. If Lacy breaks into the second level often enough it may give Rodgers some opportunities to make a couple of deep attempts. I am really interested to see our run D and pass rush this season. It will dictate a lot of our fate.

Mick063

Reaction score
If Michael is ready to go (who knows?), look for him to come in for one or two downs for one play and one play only. The screen pass to slow down Mathews. I personally believe that Michael is more dangerous from the screen, than any other play in the playbook.

Look for a WR screen to Harvin that is thrown so quickly, an incompletion would be debated as a lateral pass worthy of a fumble recovery. It won't be incomplete because Percy will catch it and take it 10 yards up field instead.

Look for a "waggle" within the first series, perhaps first or second play.

Waggle - Play action pass where Wilson spins 180 degrees after the fake hand off to Lynch, rolls right, and hits the tight end "dragging" toward the sideline about ten yards in front of him. From a link: It must be mentioned that a waggle is not the same as a simple bootleg, a half roll or a rollout pass. Waggles are plays where the offense pulls linemen to protect the edge of the waggle action and lead the quarterback into the flat. As the receiving targets run levels routes, the quarterback sees the field clearly; he can pick his targets as they come open downfield, or he can keep the ball himself.

These fore mentioned plays will all help slow down Mathews.

So will a healthy dose of running Lynch directly at Mathews. It does no good to run away from him as he will chase the play down. Run it right at Mathews (he is undersized) with Britt leaning on him and Coleman chipping on his way to the second level. Coleman must not hit low while Mathews is engaged as not only will he get penalized, but it could clear the Packer bench for dirty play.

This is what I expect to see early in the game.

jake206

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to a heavy dose of Beastmode, Harvin, RW. Rinse and repeat.

"Can't stop all of us"~Marshawn aka Beastmode.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3cgwqktg said:
I thought he would be going against Clay Matthews

The Packers in the preseason have been using Matthews and Peppers on both sides. It has also been quite successful thus far. So, They will alternate sides throughout the game.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":1f53gz19 said:
WilsonMVP":1f53gz19 said:

The Packers in the preseason have been using Matthews and Peppers on both sides. It has also been quite successful thus far. So, They will alternate sides throughout the game.
Matthews is no joke but Peppers has seen better days. Should be interesting but methinks Wilson is going to Urlacher Peppers for you.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I can't think of a match up that won't be great, definitely looking forward to seeing Sherman and Maxwell against Rodgers throwing to Nelson and Cobb. Having a running game with Starks was a huge improvement for them last year and I think we will get a ton of information about our new defensive line rotation during this game.

My biggest concern will still be pass protection. Capers will want to go with the 3-4 front on early downs with a safety up to slow down our running game and then rely on a ton of blitzes and stunts on passing downs. The big play potential will be there if we can get the protection assignments handled. It will still be there even if we don't with the way Russell has been playing lately but it is a long season and I would really like to see him finish the first game or two with a mostly clean jersey.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I'm curious to see our nickle run defense, and a few deep balls to Percy and Richardson. Although Kearse is soo money on the deep ball why throw it to anyone else.

rideaducati

Reaction score
PackerBacker19":2vgx78ku said:
WilsonMVP":2vgx78ku said:

Looks like running right up the middle is gonna be open all night. Seahawks finish this game with over 150 rushing yards, most of which come from between the tackles.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
rideaducati":1m6b2abh said:
PackerBacker19":1m6b2abh said:
WilsonMVP":1m6b2abh said:

Looks like running right up the middle is gonna be open all night. Seahawks finish this game with over 150 rushing yards, most of which come from between the tackles.

That's very possible, but it is good to remember that the Packers have made some improvements on their D-line this offseason. They brought in a guy from Minnesota, and he has been a decent run stopper. They also have had some young guys look good in training camp and the preseason. Actually, the Packers defense is going to be a lot better this year. You can see the way they played in the preseason that their depth is getting better this year. The Packers safeties have also looked very good in the preseason. I am not saying the Seahawks run will do bad against the Packers, but I think it could be more difficult than you anticipate. I've also heard that the Seahawks O-line is somewhat weak this year.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
If it was 2009, I'd be worried about Peppers. He's way long in the tooth.

I hope the Packers blitz a lot - Harvin will destroy them. They don't have anyone in D that can cover him.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":32t9fudg said:
PackerBacker19":32t9fudg said:
WilsonMVP":32t9fudg said:

It'd be better to run right at Matthews.