Toomer and Mayowa gone

drdiags

Reaction score
If no one picks up Mayowa, I could see them trying to get him back on the PS. Toomer just ran out of time. He wasn't able to pull a Walter Thurmond-like final season run.

Lithium

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3a9mu2q3 said:
Yep. I expect some interest in Toomer.

I've watched every game since Toomer was drafted and can honestly say I can't remember seeing him play, let alone make a play. Not that I look out for him all the time, just saying I don't see much interest in him IMO.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Lithium":16sfm4sk said:
FlyingGreg":16sfm4sk said:
Yep. I expect some interest in Toomer.

I've watched every game since Toomer was drafted and can honestly say I can't remember seeing him play, let alone make a play. Not that I look out for him all the time, just saying I don't see much interest in him IMO.

I recall him being all over the place making plays in preseason a couple years ago.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm Bummed about Mayowa. I remember two years ago in camp, the guy was an absolute beast. He had sleeper written all over him as he stood out easily, even to the untrained eye. The trained eye was a little more observant though. I remember Kip saying to not give too much credence to DB's playing inferior competition and in practice. He was spot on, Mayowa can look great against inferior guys a la N. Reed, but just can't make the jump to tier one.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Didn't a player on our team hyped up Mayowa saying he can be an all-pro player in the league ir was it Scruggs?

endzorn

Reaction score
Avril said in an offseason interview that he thought Mayowa could be one of the best defensive ends in football. Seems like adding weight took too much of his agility as a pass rusher.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Regardless, I thought Mayowa played well as a pass rusher, often only fingertips away from sacks before someone else got it, and also I thought he made some real splash plays in the run game. Inconsistent, but the splash TFLs were good.

We really do want him on the PS. Toomer as well, whom I thought played much more stout than KPL, albeit playing different positions (SLB vs WLB).

dopeboy206

Reaction score
endzorn":3bkp03wd said:
Avril said in an offseason interview that he thought Mayowa could be one of the best defensive ends in football. Seems like adding weight took too much of his agility as a pass rusher.

Yeah that's what it was. Lol