Practice Squad

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
When can we start signed to our practice squad? I am hoping for BJ, Mayowa , Tomer and Small to come back....it is nice its 10 players this year, in case of injuries .

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Practice Squad I would love to see now that the roster is set and cuts are made:

QB BJ Daniels
RB Spencer Ware
FB Kiero Small
WR Arceto Clark
TE Rashaun Allen
OL Caylin Hauptmann
OL Ryan Seymour (via SFO)
DT Jimmy Staten
LB Korey Toomer
CB Akeem Auguste

Keep Close If Possible/Rotate On PS:
QB Kieth Price
RB Demetrius Bronson
WR Kevin Smith
WR Chris Matthews
TE Morell Presley
OL Nate Isles
DL Andu Pulu
DB Terrance Parks

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Daniels
Ware
Bronson
Small
Rashaun Allen
Hauptmann
Toomer
Mayowa
Pulu
Parks or possibly a non former Hawk as the DB on the list to round out #10

Auguste seems to have a consistent problem locating the ball. Most of the time he doesn't even try. I never saw anything in Staten in his college tapes and didn't in a Hawk uni either.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
We'll have names on our Practice Squad that have never worn hawk uniforms before. Pete and John will select some off of waivers, I'm sure.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
I would love to see the Seahawks add Shaq Richardson (CB Arizona) to to the Practice squad. He was a 5th round pick by the Steelers, and never seemed to fully fit their scheme. He is a big, raw cover corner that could develop into a quality player in the Seahawks system. I was hoping that the team would take a flyer on him in the 6th or 7th round of the draft, but the Steelers took him earlier than I think his talent warranted.

endzorn

Reaction score
The period for claiming waived players ended at noon eastern time. Teams can now begin to fill practice squads.

TheWalrus

Reaction score
@TomPelissero: Super Bowl champion #Seahawks lost two on waivers: guard Caylin Hauptmann to #Browns and DL Benson Mayowa to #Raiders.

Hope that means we didn't lose anybody else. Would be thrilled to get Toomer and Walters on the p.s. Is Toomer even eligible? Hope so.

Rainger

Reaction score
TheWalrus":22w106cl said:
@TomPelissero: Super Bowl champion #Seahawks lost two on waivers: guard Caylin Hauptmann to #Browns and DL Benson Mayowa to #Raiders.

Hope that means we didn't lose anybody else. Would be thrilled to get Toomer and Walters on the p.s. Is Toomer even eligible? Hope so.
Shoot I was hoping to sign Hauptman to PS.

OP
OP
S

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Walters can not be on practice squad I don't think?

Cartire

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2qevixr4 said:
We'll have names on our Practice Squad that have never worn hawk uniforms before. Pete and John will select some off of waivers, I'm sure.

Any player taken off of waivers has to be placed on the 53 man roster. They cant go to the PS. But I dont think we took anyone from waivers.

drdiags

Reaction score
The Browns have gone crazy on picking up OL players with also claiming Ryan Seymour off 9ers waiver. That is now 3 ex-Seahawks OL players they have grabbed this year. They have Thomas and the center that the Jags tried to grab and I hear they are high on Joel Botonio (sp?) so not sure why they are still dumpster diving.

These last two pickups have to be on the 53-man roster. That is telling on how much the Browns feel they lacked in overall OL talent.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Browns have 4 ex-Seahawks now?

Paul McQuistan
Michael Bowie
Ryan Seymour
Caylin Hauptmann

They are kind of being waiver douchebags this year. The question is did they pick up any WRs? Haha.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
What's the deal for inviting players that have been cut but not claimed onto our PS? Am I right in thinking the player can choose which PS to go to? I'm sure I read once that some teams pay a big signing bonus to get the better players. I'm thinking Deshawn Shead here.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":257xnfi8 said:

Paul McQuistan
Michael Bowie
Ryan Seymour
Caylin Hauptmann

They are kind of being waiver douchebags this year. The question is did they pick up any WRs? Haha.
IIRC they cut Bowie.

Cartire

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":bssvhtox said:
What's the deal for inviting players that have been cut but not claimed onto our PS? Am I right in thinking the player can choose which PS to go to? I'm sure I read once that some teams pay a big signing bonus to get the better players. I'm thinking Deshawn Shead here.

After clearing waivers, all players are effectively free agents. They can sign with whoever they like, be it PS or 53 man roster.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Cartire":e7b3rtuo said:
UK_Seahawk":e7b3rtuo said:

After clearing waivers, all players are effectively free agents. They can sign with whoever they like, be it PS or 53 man roster.

That makes more sense.

drdiags

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2ospmixw said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2ospmixw said:

Paul McQuistan
Michael Bowie
Ryan Seymour
Caylin Hauptmann

IIRC they cut Bowie.

They put Bowie on IR once they went down to 75, which is what folks locally wanted the Seahawks to do.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
drdiags":4egsnqeu said:
hawksfansinceday1":4egsnqeu said:
Pandion Haliaetus":4egsnqeu said:

Paul McQuistan
Michael Bowie
Ryan Seymour
Caylin Hauptmann

IIRC they cut Bowie.

They put Bowie on IR once they went down to 75, which is what folks locally wanted the Seahawks to do.
Thanks for clarifying Doc.