NFL Top Ten Home Field Advantage gets an update

Seahawker86

Reaction score
We are still at number 9 which is a joke, but they mention at the end that in 2013 The 12th Man helped us on our way to win a Superbowl. I thought that was pretty cool that they did that.

Were we always number 9? I thought we were number 8.

Are they updating all of the Top Ten? If they are they need to advertise that they are. Maybe get people to watch again

chris98251

Reaction score
It's not what anyone else thinks, it's what we believe and what our team believes, the real revelation comes from teams and coaches that come in here and poo poo it off only to go home with a L in their record for the season.

Mick063

Reaction score
Is it a ranking based upon going down memory lane or is it a ranking based upon the toughest place to get a win?

The title is "NFL top ten home field advantage" after all.

Does anyone truly believe that there are nine tougher places to get a win?

If you answer no, then you might be declaring the article to be manure from an overpaid internet pundit. There is no objective reporting anymore. Not in sports. Not in politics. If perception is reality, then reality is dictated by entertainment media.

Which it is.

Cartire

Reaction score
Im kinda wishing there was a link since I have no idea what youre about.

NorthVanHawker

Reaction score
I've been to :
1) New York
2) Cleveland
3) Pittsburgh
4) Buffalo
5) San Fran
6) Oakland

No one comes even remotely close to Seattle.....It's not even competitive.....I grew up on East coast which is why I've been to so many out that way.

What a joke at #9!!!!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
NorthVanHawker":pi9hane2 said:
I've been to :
1) New York
2) Cleveland
3) Pittsburgh
4) Buffalo
5) San Fran
6) Oakland

No one comes even remotely close to Seattle.....It's not even competitive.....I grew up on East coast which is why I've been to so many out that way.

What a joke at #9!!!!

Is that really the list? More like top stadiums to get mugged or murdered in.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Source please.

GO HAWKS!!!

kthebestwayw":12l5nam7 said:
We are still at number 9 which is a joke, but they mention at the end that in 2013 The 12th Man helped us on our way to win a Superbowl. I thought that was pretty cool that they did that.

Are they updating all of the Top Ten? If they are they need to advertise that they are. Maybe get people to watch again

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
We were always ranked at #9, though at the time of the original "Top 10" broadcast the stadium was still known as Qwest Field, so I would imagine they have updated that as well.

This is the second episode of "Top 10" that NFL Network has updated to my knowledge. In 2008 they ran an episode entitled "Top 10 coaches who belonged in college." At the time the episode originally aired Pete Carroll was 6th on the list. They re-aired it recently and I noticed that they had deleted the Pete Carroll segment entirely, shuffled the rankings slightly, and added Greg Schiano at the #9 spot.

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
I like our stadium being under the radar as a home field advantage. Ever since the "Fail Mary" game vs the packers the home field advantage has been in the spotlight and now teams are anticipating the noise where as before most teams were not prepared for the noise.

Polk738

Reaction score
I remember that episode and it is VERY outdated, at the time Century Link was known as Qwest, Matt Hasselbeck was the QB and very few people knew how loud the stadium truly was even with our false start penalty record. The stadium didn't really start to come into the limelight until halfway thru 2012 when a lot of analysts noticed how opposing teams were having a very hard time playing in our stadium and communicating at the line. Colin Kaepernick being one of them. Then after we went undefeated at home everyone was talking about our 12th man advantage an how we couldn't win without it. I would definitely put Century Link in the top 3 if not the best compared to other NFL stadiums, I think the only stadium that has a better record at home than us since 2011 is NOLA's Superdome.

HawkWow

Reaction score
FreshlySnipes":gcylm660 said:
I like our stadium being under the radar as a home field advantage. Ever since the "Fail Mary" game vs the packers the home field advantage has been in the spotlight and now teams are anticipating the noise where as before most teams were not prepared for the noise.

We are far from being under the radar, mi amigo. That list is old. We are definitely the least favorite venue for visiting teams. Maybe not in history...but that's OK, we are too busy making history to be revisiting it..

Typically I award HFA 3-6 pts league wide. No doubt in my mind the Clink is consistently worth a minimum of 6 ...and likely closer to 10. Seriously. Not many line-makers would ever say that out loud but Notice they stopped thinking of us as "Siberia". That's cuz Siberia takes prisoners, we don't.

The arithmetic isn't difficult once you have fairly accurate values assigned to every team.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkWow":bj1codtd said:
FreshlySnipes":bj1codtd said:

We are far from being under the radar, mi amigo. That list is old. We are definitely the least favorite venue for visiting teams. Maybe not in history...but that's OK, we are too busy making history to be revisiting it..

Typically I award HFA 3-6 pts league wide. No doubt in my mind the Clink is consistently worth a minimum of 6 ...and likely closer to 10. Seriously. Not many line-makers would ever say that out loud but Notice they stopped thinking of us as "Siberia". That's cuz Siberia takes prisoners, we don't.

The arithmetic isn't difficult once you have fairly accurate values assigned to every team.
Notice the NFL will not give us any primetime games at home (except the required season opener for Superbowl champions)? There's your answer in black and white.

Just by a guess I would say the top 5 currently in no particular order are...

1. Seattle
2. New Orleans
3. New England
4. Denver
5. Green Bay

In history is too subjective to be of any worth in my opinion hence why that list is utter crap.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":1kznfdhc said:
Im kinda wishing there was a link since I have no idea what youre about.

12HawkFan":1kznfdhc said:
Source please.

GO HAWKS!!!

kthebestwayw":1kznfdhc said:

SacHawk2.0":1kznfdhc said:
According to whom?

dopeboy206":1kznfdhc said:
Give us a link or this is complete BS.

There is a show on the NFL Network called "Top 10" where each episode they give a top 10 list from a different category. The category being discussed here was top 10 home field advantages of all time. We were listed at number 9. I believe this is the actual list from the show at the following link, but the show itself is a television program and I don't see a video of it online at the moment.

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d811fc986[/urltargetblank]