2014 Seahawks captains leaked

jblaze

Reaction score
Per sources, our captains are:

Russell Wilson
Kam Chancellor
Jon Ryan
Steven Hauschka

Kam is a bit of an underdog here over ET but I can see why you'd want to pick him. You don't really want four 5'10" guys coming out at the coin flip. You see big Kam coming and he is imposing. I like the choice personally.

McGruff

Reaction score
jblaze":3qbex31q said:
Per sources, our captains are:

Russell Wilson
Kam Chancellor
Jon Ryan
Steven Hauschka

Kam is a bit of an underdog here over ET but I can see why you'd want to pick him. You don't really want four 5'10" guys coming out at the coin flip. You see big Kam coming and he is imposing. I like the choice personally.

Earl is the brains back there, but Kam is undoubtably the heart and soul of the LOB. He sets the tone, and I can easily see him as the quiet leader who handles all the one on one conversations that need to happen.

kearly

Reaction score
Red Bryant got the captain label because of his vocal leadership skills. As much as I agree that Kam is the tone setter on defense, I think Earl is the most active/vocal leader on the defense and would have preferred to see Earl get it.

As far as having 4 short guys as captains, I actually think that would be pretty cool. There's nothing quite as humiliating as getting your ass kicked by a little guy.

endzorn

Reaction score
If Wilson is allowed to call the coin flip I'm going to be furious.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":7zenq7ij said:
Wait, why are there 2 special teams captains?

I have no idea, thought that was odd myself. I'm sure there's a reason for it though.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Haushka is 6'4, 215-ish
Ryan is 6'0, 220-ish and looks beastly for a Punter

By definition even if it was Thomas, there wouldn't be 4 guys under 5'11.

McGruff

Reaction score
kearly":wnsxuh3v said:
Red Bryant got the captain label because of his vocal leadership skills. As much as I agree that Kam is the tone setter on defense, I think Earl is the most active/vocal leader on the defense and would have preferred to see Earl get it.

As far as having 4 short guys as captains, I actually think that would be pretty cool. There's nothing quite as humiliating as getting your ass kicked by a little guy.

But Red was not that vocal on the field. He wasn't the fiery, passionate on field leader. He led with his play on the field and his voice off of it.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3n6nwlmj said:
kearly":3n6nwlmj said:

But Red was not that vocal on the field. He wasn't the fiery, passionate on field leader. He led with his play on the field and his voice off of it.

As for Kam, I don't know how much voice he puts out there on the field, but I seem to recall that it was him who called the team meeting after Irvin was popped for PEDs. I don't think Kam getting the captaincy is unusual in any way (with the only exception being that Earl seems to already be so vocal and active, I think many of us expected it to be him no matter what).

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":369vy3tt said:

Last year both Farwell and Mike Rob were captains on STs.

You are allowed 2 on Offense, Defense, And Special Teams.

It's actually kind of strange the Seahawks only have one on Offense and Defense. Most teams have 2 on each.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1m9xjx7c said:

They probably got the same amount of votes

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
kearly":3utb5x54 said:

I'm a little guy and I approve of this message.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
endzorn":1x7d6ri6 said:
If Wilson is allowed to call the coin flip I'm going to be furious.

No kidding. You know who was good at that? Matt Flynn. Won us the Chicago game. Wish we woulda kept him.

A-Dog

Reaction score
I think Kam is a great choice for captain. He's not a talker in front of the cameras like Sherm and Earl--he's more controlled in that way, but behind the scenes he says what needs to be said and the team absolutely respects him. Pete has said on numerous occasions that Kam is one of the leaders on the team. He plays with incredible passion but as a leader he's more controlled and focused, kind of like RW. Earl is definitely a leader too but in a different way.

Here's a pretty good article about the two of them:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2014/01/27/3014308/seahawks-earl-thomas-kam-chancellor.html

Hamhawk

Reaction score
I 'm fine with the team captains, but having ST captains of Hauscka and Ryan seems so different than a M Rob and Farwell