Week 1 Injury Report (Added Game Status)

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/injuries.html[/urltargetblank]

Did Not Participate

Cooper Helfet - TE - Knee
Lemuel Jeanpierre - C/G - Neck
Christine Michael - RB - Hamstring
Kevin Pierre-Louis - OLB - Hamstring
Tharold Simon - CB - Knee

Limited Participation

Bruce Irvin - LB - Hip
Jeremy Lane - CB - Groin
Kevin Norwood - WR - Ankle

Report was the same on both Day 1 and Day 2 of practice. Will update this thread with the Game Status when it's announced.

Edit to reflect new information in the title

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Going to suck without lane and simon....I'd feel better with shead or jeron johnson playing nickel than any of the other corners we have.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Largent80":36ugmk4a said:
8 out of 53 ain't so good. Please protect the rest, powers that be.

Meh. You can't dress 7 players regardless. There is no such thing as a healthy football player.

Here is LAST YEAR's report the Wednesday before game 1:

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - WEDNESDAY

DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICE

OT Michael Bowie (shoulder), DE Chris Clemons (knee), DT Jordan Hill (bicep)

LIMITED PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE

DE Cliff Avril (hamstring), CB Brandon Browner (hamstring), DT Tony McDaniel (groin), DT Brandon Mebane (groin)

FULL PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE

WR Sidney Rice (knee), WR Stephen Williams (head)

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawknballs":wz2vd83f said:
Going to suck without lane and simon....I'd feel better with shead or jeron johnson playing nickel than any of the other corners we have.

Lane hasn't been ruled out yet.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Saw a tweet stating that Bruce Irvin says he's playing on Thursday.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Lane should play... all the others are probably inactive and won't be seriously needed.

I know Jean-Pierre is important but I think Schilling can place hold for a game if needed.

Most of the other guys seem like they would have been inactive regardless: Pierre-Louis, Norwood, Helfet, Michael with the exceptions of Simon and Irvin but Bruce in the least is working his way back still and game 2 or 3 seems much more reasonable time table for him.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2c0m1yzk said:

If anything Id assume Thomas could man nickle with Shead or Johnson playing safety.

But that Marcus Burley kid seems like he could be real legit, some Colts fans were saying that he was emulating Antoine Winfield this Pre-Season and a lot of them hated that he got traded.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This explains the Burley trade.. need Lane to play. Sounds like Simon isn't going to go.

This is where playing on a Thursday screws you.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":tb2r7o79 said:
Laloosh":tb2r7o79 said:
Saw a tweet stating that Bruce Irvin says he's playing on Thursday.

Well, then.

One of many but yeah... surprised me.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/506931257117143041[/tweet]

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawknballs":21xx62ob said:

Agreed. Cobb is going to tear up whoever he lines up against. That could be a game changer, actually.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
We will be fine you worryworts or did you think we aren't putting up 30+ a game going forward? Hint for you.....think San Francisco with that insane offense but a better defense. Awesome they score 15 average points doesn't matter given you're averaging 30-35 a game.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
There are two people I worry about not being able to play- Russell Wilson on offense and Earl Thomas on defense. Neither are on the injury list. All's good. Looking forward to a good game Thursday night.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hawks46":upw9q3kp said:
Hawknballs":upw9q3kp said:

Agreed. Cobb is going to tear up whoever he lines up against. That could be a game changer, actually.

Shade the Kamtrak towards Cobb. After a few good hits, the Kentucky man's dropsies will return in full force. Alligator arms for all.

King Dog

Reaction score
I hope Simon doesn't turn out to be one of those guys that always has some injury that keeps him off the field. So far, very Toomeresque.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just got the game status text on my phone. The website (linked in the OP) Hasn't updated yet.

Out

Probable

Bruce Irvin - LB - Hip
Jeremy Lane - CB - Groin

From previous years reports, probable usually means that they will likely play, although perhaps not as much as they normally would have. Of course we don't know what would be considered normal for Norwood at this point in time, so that one is really the biggest question mark, but with 7 receivers, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't see much, if any action this week.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kidhawk":17m8vnmw said:
Just got the game status text on my phone. The website (linked in the OP) Hasn't updated yet.

Out

Probable

Bruce Irvin - LB - Hip
Jeremy Lane - CB - Groin

From previous years reports, probable usually means that they will likely play, although perhaps not as much as they normally would have. Of course we don't know what would be considered normal for Norwood at this point in time, so that one is really the biggest question mark, but with 7 receivers, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't see much, if any action this week.
That's about the best possible result you could have. It's all good.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
.com site linked in the OP is now updated and shows that Those listed as OUT did not participate in practice today, and those listed as PROBABLE were all full participants.