Irvin saying prayers for Rookie Corey Linsley

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Irvin.......Wow, the guy is so thoughtful :twisted: :thfight7: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Bane on a rookie is NOT good for them.

They'll need to take advantage of it in the passing game as well. Scruggs was the starting nickel 1 tech to Bennett's 3 tech all preseason, but I kind of wonder if we'll see any of Marsh there too. Either way those two will need to grab it by the horns and succeed. Also, send Wags at the A gap a few times. He's deadly getting through there.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Well who is making the line calls, who's going to help the rookie, god help the player that is left to handle Bennett and Avril along with our situational guys and any blitz scheme we devise. We seen what happens when you have interior breakdown, that can't bode well for a running game either if calls are not forthcoming for what is seen as well.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Its amazing how many Packer fans think they got this game in the bag by winning a shoot-out.

But I just can't see how Green Bay can win the trenches and set the tempo on either side of the ball especially their vaunted Offense with this rookie center vs the 12's and a Core Defense that ranked #1 in DVOA both in 2012 and 2013 under 2 different Coordinators.

Largent80

Reaction score
Dude, and the Packers are in for a long night.

Losing Tretter is a blow because they spent the entire offseason grooming him to be the new starting center, and now they have to go with a rookie fifth-round pick, Corey Linsley, who didn't get any preseason game reps with Rodgers.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
The Hawks better take advantage. Seems that in situations like this in years past, they guy that we thought they would destroy turns out to hold their own.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I like Irvin, but for HIM to be the one who finally talks some smack this week? Hmmm, Maybe do more on the field, and BACK UP that talk. Just sayin.

hoxrox

Reaction score
We have a rook in Britt as well. Let's see how he does.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
lots of jelly, delusion packer fans in the comment section.

Largent80

Reaction score
Obviously, GB will spread the field to try and get us in one one one match ups. All of their linemen will be on islands if they do that, and with their center not taking one pre season snap, that is a big difference than a lineman going out in the middle of a season.
Also, Hyde will have to keep Harvin from getting behind him. They have Raji out. I see miss match problems for them on both sides.

MB12

Reaction score
hoxrox":3ek8p17v said:
We have a rook in Britt as well. Let's see how he does.

I think it will be a tiny bit more quiet for him ;)

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
The Packers need to worry about our OFFENSE!!! Russ and Co. are gonna light them up good. :lol:

TaFeargOrm

Reaction score
I think their plans for no huddle / quick pace are going to be scuttled with the rookie center starting. I expect them to play similar to the second half of the 2012 season with quick routes only we hit a lot harder and play more sound now. Defensively we should hold our own as long as the LB's dont look to rusty. Offensive side I think we are going put tremendous pressure on them.

Personally I'd rather have a rookie RT than C. scary thought

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Went to the article just too see the comments, sooooo many angry jealous fans of other teams out there.

Just beautiful. :twisted:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
The article no longer comes up. It's just a story about Cassell.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Irvin should keep his mouth shut until he actually does something.