Apparently arrowhead is bringing Guinness records back

Microfiber

Reaction score
Normally I don't post here, just follow and read but a friend worked me up so I had to post. Chiefs are going for the noise record again, this time Monday night. He said they have been showing it on commercials since the start of preseason.... Will our fans attempt this again if they indeed break our record again??? Here is the link. http://www.foxsports.com/kansas-city/st ... ain-082114

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Oh boy, another year and another pissing contest. We get it already, they are loud, we are loud. :roll:

Largent80

Reaction score
We are as loud as them but with THOUSANDS less in the stands.

We know it. They know it.....Nothing to be upset over.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I hope the Seahawks just let it go. It's starting to seem a little excessive. Let's just agree that the volume is pretty close at both places.

(but that the Seahawks are louder)

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Maybe the Chiefs can do it without encouraging the fans to get louder. The Hawks fans just know how to be loud all the time, not from the big screens telling us how/when to yell, and showing the decibel level to help encourage getting louder

Exittium

Reaction score
I dint get it tbh. You think they'd set (Guinness)some sort of standard. Like No prompts like Seattle.. But they use prompts and need thousands or more people.. I hardly call that impressive but what ever gets rid of the buyers remorse they have for smiths new contract I guess..

chrispy

Reaction score
They can set it every year early in the season when they still have hope. We can reset it every year at the NFCC game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, the fact that they have a hell of a lot more people in the stands, they SHOULD be louder. I truly don't care who is louder. If you're looking at volume vs. how many people in the stands, it's not close.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
HawkFan72 said:
I hope the Seahawks just let it go. It's starting to seem a little excessive. Let's just agree that the volume is pretty close at both places.

I just think the whole thing needs to go away. If the noise helps the team win, so be it. Obviously it worked for us last year, but who reads the Guinness Book of World Records anyway?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
they can have it if they "win" it again - i'm content with our trophy and the future trophies.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
They have an advantage, approx. 10,000 more voices. We have an advantage, our cleverly shaped roof.

We have the reputation for being loud, we're king of false starts since 2005, and we're the Super Bowl Champions. I find it hard to care if KC wants to go for the record again.

The Radish

Reaction score
BlueTalon":mm2ri91k said:
They have an advantage, approx. 10,000 more voices. We have an advantage, our cleverly shaped roof.

We have the reputation for being loud, we're king of false starts since 2005, and we're the Super Bowl Champions. I find it hard to care if KC wants to go for the record again.

I agree with BT here. This is getting stupid, we need to just raise above it.

:les:

McGruff

Reaction score
Largent80":3g65gyh3 said:
We are as loud as them but with THOUSANDS less in the stands.

We know it. They know it.....Nothing to be upset over.

Its the engineering, bro . . . :)

rastahawk

Reaction score
This should have consequences. If they attempt and fail, everyone in the stadium should swallow a hot dog whole as punishment.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't mind if Arrowhead ends up being 0.2 decibels louder than Century Link at it's loudest moment. What's important is that Century Link is extremely loud consistently. The Seahawks have by far the best homefield advantage in the NFL, whereas the Chiefs are pretty much league average. Just being really loud at one moment of time isn't what's really important here.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":38b69pq3 said:
I don't mind if Arrowhead ends up being 0.2 decibels louder than Century Link at it's loudest moment. What's important is that Century Link is extremely loud consistently. The Seahawks have by far the best homefield advantage in the NFL, whereas the Chiefs are pretty much league average. Just being really loud at one moment of time isn't what's really important here.

The intelligence of the fans knowing when to be loud and when to quiet down is also helpful for home-field advantage.

OP
OP
M

Microfiber

Reaction score
kearly":3uu11ypt said:
I've been watching football for years, back in the good ol afc west days. To say arrowhead is average is absurd. I've been to a game there back in the 90's and it was crazy the whole time... Very similar to ours. Even remember seeing john elway and John gruden saying it was the loudest place they've ever played. If there is one stadium that is close to ours it is theirs. But no where near league average. Either way I hope they fail on national tv because my friend won't shut up about it.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I hope they take it back and Seattle doesn't try to one up them again. It's really stupid. Just be loud. No need for some outside validation.