Tony Dungy is an ass

dusktreader

Reaction score
I don't think they will repeat, but they *are* better than last year.

So, a team that dominated the NFL and rose above it all in a trial by fire in the postseason shouldn't be expected to repeat?
:141847_bnono:

Exittium

Reaction score
He's the same ass that made the pregame comment about Sherman saying he pushes and holds more than any corner in the league

McG

Reaction score
Well, if you want to know what Dungy is all about just look at his stance on Micheal Sam and how he waffled on that. He contradicts himself constantly. Good guy, but he's the complete opposite to Rodney Harrison.

Rainger

Reaction score
dusktreader":1xezeioe said:

So, a team that dominated the NFL and rose above it all in a trial by fire in the postseason shouldn't be expected to repeat?
It is the typical media narrative. "No one has done it for 10 years so it wont happen", rather than look at the team of the past 10 years and seeing this is a very different team than those SB winners. They are trying to look smart and playing the odds.

Funning thing is they all think Denver will get back to SB yet the record of losing SB teams not making it back to the playoffs is way longer than SB Champions not getting back. They are all just dick heads.

GO HAWKS!

Exittium

Reaction score
Granted of those SB repeated they always mention the Patriots but fail to mention the spy gate as well.. not that i give 2 but its still amusing none the less

OP
OP
dusktreader

dusktreader

Reaction score
rainger":38qre0ai said:
dusktreader":38qre0ai said:

It is the typical media narrative. "No one has done it for 10 years so it wont happen", rather than look at the team of the past 10 years and seeing this is a very different team than those SB winners. They are trying to look smart and playing the odds.

Funning thing is they all think Denver will get back to SB yet the record of losing SB teams not making it back to the playoffs is way longer than SB Champions not getting back. They are all just dick heads.

GO HAWKS!

You're so right. The NFL and its media machine is so in love with Peyton, but I'd put money on him not seeing another playoff win in his life.

hawkstrap

Reaction score
Is it? Or is it the right thing to do? Why put Dungy and anything he says in the media when he is just Ted Haggard that happened to have Peyton a Manning play for him?

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
dusktreader":1mp18xz7 said:

Well, Dungy is an ass and a terrible human being, but to be fair, it's really, really, REALLY hard to repeat, and typically we shouldn't expect that to happen, especially in this age of parity.

dradee

Reaction score
Dungy is chicken neck geek just like Merton hanks!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Exittium":1tmr8jz4 said:
He's the same ass that made the pregame comment about Sherman saying he pushes and holds more than any corner in the league

Ward made the Sherman comments.

Hawks46

Reaction score
rainger":23x6z0a2 said:
dusktreader":23x6z0a2 said:

GO HAWKS!

Good point, and one that reahlly bothers me. The Superbowl hangover has always been for the team that LOST the Superbowl, not won it. Yet now that we won it, Superbowl Hangover supposedly means the team that won it is going to magically tank.

It's not rocket science. If you win the whole thing, the only way to go is down. You can only match a SB win, you can never improve on it. Therefor, all the winners inevitably "tank" the next year.

It's ironic: when we lost the SB, it was all about the "Superbowl hangover" and how teams that lost didn't make it to the playoffs the next year. Shocker, we made it (first time in like 5 years it happened). Now, we win the SB and it's all about the SB Hangover and how we won't make it.

Keep hating media.