Defensive Holding?

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Yeah, how'd that work out for you NFL? We're good, we don't need to hold like other defenses. We'll be just fine.

Exittium

Reaction score
the other team just threw on us.. but ehh whatever i guess..

EDIT: Oh no i forgot to add :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: :sarcasm_on: there i forgot without it everything is taken seriously.. oh an :sarcasm_on: :D lol :th2thumbs:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Exittium":1kpf5xwm said:

Rodgers, widely considered elite and perhaps the best QB in the league... under 200 yards.

Granted, there were some easy first downs they got, and I wasn't a fan of that. But in the end, it was a solid performance from our pass D without all of the penalties the talking heads were expecting.

davidonmi

Reaction score
If Rodgers throwing for barely over 200 with a pick and a sack fumble is considered throwing on us I can't wait to see what not throwing on us is like

zifnab32

Reaction score
davidonmi":s05tm62y said:
If Rodgers throwing for barely over 200 with a pick and a sack fumble is considered throwing on us I can't wait to see what not throwing on us is like

Rodger's didn't have 200 yards, he ended with 189.

Also held Eddie Lacy to 2.8 ypc.

OP
OP
Reaneypark

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The rules mean you have to allow short completions and limit the YAC. We did a great job of that tonight. Teams like GB will get yards. We seem to be built to limit points.

dusktreader

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2t2a836j said:
Exittium":2t2a836j said:

Rodgers, widely considered elite and perhaps the best QB in the league... under 200 yards.

Granted, there were some easy first downs they got, and I wasn't a fan of that. But in the end, it was a solid performance from our pass D without all of the penalties the talking heads were expecting.

We kinda just gave them that dump off garbage, but, given the kind of weapon that Rodgers is, I think we won that battle. I was getting so frustrated during the game about all those third down conversions, but their drives took FOREVER. That was the slooooooooowest no-huddle offense I've ever seen. If we smothered Rodgers like that, what do you think week 3 is going to look like? 43-8?

hawkstrap

Reaction score
dusktreader":x9hc6x3b said:
volsunghawk":x9hc6x3b said:
Exittium":x9hc6x3b said:

We kinda just gave them that dump off garbage, but, given the kind of weapon that Rodgers is, I think we won that battle. I was getting so frustrated during the game about all those third down conversions, but their drives took FOREVER. That was the slooooooooowest no-huddle offense I've ever seen. If we smothered Rodgers like that, what do you think week 3 is going to look like? 43-8?

Yep

sutz

Reaction score
Reaneypark":38bv33ok said:
The rules mean you have to allow short completions and limit the YAC. We did a great job of that tonight. Teams like GB will get yards. We seem to be built to limit points.
That's pretty much our team philosophy. Like Pete said at half time. "Keep them in front of us."

I don't know the actual stats, but we have to be one of the 3 best teams at limiting YAC. That's what speed in the D-backfield will do for you.

In the final analysis, the 'new' emphasis works in our favor.

chris98251

Reaction score
189 yds passing for Rodgers is abysmal, Green Bay looks for catch and runs and then the deep ball, we destroyed that philosophy tonight.

Latest posts