Derrick Coleman

dusktreader

Reaction score
I would have to re-watch it. It seemed like most of Marshawn's yardage came in single set-back, but I could be wrong. Coleman looked great on that TD, though!

Basis4day

Reaction score
Had one huge block that jumped off the screen. People overlooked him last year because of how much we loved MRob.

Remember how many posters were convinced that MRob never got sick?

Shock2k

Reaction score
I just think he's such a cool story. He beat out Spencare Ware, overcame all his adversity, and had his first planned TD of his career (not a TD on a tip drill).

Oh and still love Mike Robb.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Coleman looked really good as a lead blocker on the plays I noticed him. Seems improved in that aspect. Respect fam.

sutz

Reaction score
I thought he had a solid game. He showed why the coaches put their faith in him.

Hawks46

Reaction score
sutz":1qgbftl1 said:
I thought he had a solid game. He showed why the coaches put their faith in him.

This. Coaches must know more than we do. :sarcasm_off:

He looked pretty good on his lead blocks. Several were good enough that the broadcast replayed them.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Looked great, if I recall he saved a blown up play last second by picking up Matthews a second before he crashed the handoff. Did really well lead blocking. Miss MRob, but happy with Coleman who pretty steadily outplayed Small in preseason too. Nice to see it show up in the regular season.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I think it was Lynch's first TD run. Watch the play right before that TD run. Coleman blasted a guy up the middle but Lynch must of not liked what he saw and jumped left, was cut off then came back to the original designed spot of the run for a 3 or 4 yard gain. I really think if Beast follows Coleman into the hole there, it's a TD. It doesn't really matter Lynch scored on the next play anyway, but what would the opinion of Coleman be if that block would of sprang Lynch on that particular play.

Coleman had a good game and it's just week one.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Fudwamper":3fiar41l said:
I thought he looked ehh.
Yeah, like you really watched him, SMH. Try paying attention rather than spewing crap based upon last season.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Coleman is growing into the position. He's doing fine. Just like MikeRob and others did before him. He'll be fine.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I talked to Sherman Smith (RB Coach) last year at the beginning of the year, and he said that Coleman was a better Fullback already than Mike Rob was when he first got to Seattle. He said the Seahawks have high hopes for him because of that.

As Coleman improves, he could become a better FB than Mike Rob.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
As others have said, I think I remember one good run behind DC. But the rest seemed to be all Beast.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
He had some great blocks last night and is a weapon when he leaks out. Its easy to see why they like him back there.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Natethegreat":33nautci said:
He had some great blocks last night and is a weapon when he leaks out. Its easy to see why they like him back there.

I agree. He had a fantastic lead block that sealed the edge and sprung Lynch for a 10+ yarder. On the first TD run Luke Willson had a spectacular cut block on Clay Matthews. I think both Coleman and Willson have improved their blocking. Miller's block on Pepper's (IIRC) on the play that Percy caught the ball on a crosser for 20+ yards was beastly. Took him on all by himself.