Bobby Wagner

Smellyman

Reaction score
is a great football player and doesn't get near enough credit by Hawk fans

Blitzer88

Reaction score
He and Kam are my 2 favorite Hawks right now. Has been outstanding for the Hawks since he was drafted.

Lxx

Reaction score
Wagner had one of his best performances in his entire career.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I don't think Wags had one of the best performances in his career by a long shot. I thought he was very good. Especially for a guy with less than two weeks of practice. However, Wagner is one of the extreme few LBs in the entire league who is without weakness. His run defense isn't dependent on instincts, unlike some higher profile LBs (Keuchly), he can get off blocks on a somewhat regular basis that is generally reserved for much bigger ILBs (4-3 Under vs 3-4 is merely odd vs even). I thought that the coverage of Cobb on the one play was a bit sloppy. Granted, he's just so fast that he's overrunning one of the faster, more explosve slots in the league, but he's got to get his head around. I actually expect more out of him even given the two weeks of practice.

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3sctc84j said:
I don't think Wags had one of the best performances in his career by a long shot. I thought he was very good. Especially for a guy with less than two weeks of practice. However, Wagner is one of the extreme few LBs in the entire league who is without weakness. His run defense isn't dependent on instincts, unlike some higher profile LBs (Keuchly), he can get off blocks on a somewhat regular basis that is generally reserved for much bigger ILBs (4-3 Under vs 3-4 is merely odd vs even). I thought that the coverage of Cobb on the one play was a bit sloppy. Granted, he's just so fast that he's overrunning one of the faster, more explosve slots in the league, but he's got to get his head around. I actually expect more out of him even given the two weeks of practice.

He is great in coverage nad has multiple ints.

What is more impressive is a middle backer 40 yards downfield covering a WR.

it was a penalty, but I was still impressed

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
If Bobby Wagner would have turned his head on that PI... it would have been a clean play.

Dude balled out today for sure.

Latest posts