We have the best QB in the NFL!

Rainger

Reaction score
I don't care what the pundits say. I don't care what the media jerks say to justify their positions. We have the best QB in the NFL.

The best is not determined by number of throws. The best is not determined by YAC (that is the receiver). The best is what Russell Wilson is. He is more versatile, more heady has the arm and the smarts and does not make errors to try to force the ball.

Yes Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers were good in their hey day but they are in their fading years. We have the best QB in the NFL and don't give me any Luck crap!

HawkWow

Reaction score
You'll get no argument from (homer) me. 2 luxuries RW has...practices against the best D. Will never have to play them. He is poised and in total control of the O. Definitely top 3, if not 1, imo.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
I've been telling people this since the end of his first year. I wouldn't trade RW for anyone.

mikeak

Reaction score
Russel gets a ball tipped and commentator starts talking about his mix of luck and skills. Rodgers got a ball tipped in the next series - no mention just ignores it.

Don't get me wrong the Zach Miller play saved an INT but besides that calm, cool, moved around better in the pocket and great decision making.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
A quick look at his rating for the evening shows 110 (NFL stats) while his opponent was in the low 80s. I'll take both of those numbers consistently over the course of the season.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Funny, I was watching the NFL Network's gameday show just a bit ago on DVR and I was laughing at Kurt Warner, who has to go out of his way to promote his agenda that Russell Wilson is a product of his environment (aka best defense and Lynch) and not a TRUE QB who can pocket pass. He sounds like Jaws. Two former QBs who cannot wrap their minds around the fact that Russell Wilson is the new paradigm of QBs in the NFL.

Apparently, by their standards, your only a good QB if you can pocket pass. :34853_doh:

Forget being a diehard Seahawks fan. Let me set that badge of honor aside for one moment and tell you as an NFL fan, I can honestly say that FIRST NAME Russell LAST NAME Wilson is the most heady, talented, commanding leader of a QB that I have seen since Joe Montana. And let's recall folks that Montana was no 6 foot forever QB.

I can't imagine having a better QB to lead our team right now then Russell Wilson.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well when you have the Grocery Bagger and Polish Rifle deciding what a QB is you can kinda reference the source :)

Smellyman

Reaction score
Ask any D player or Defensive Coordinator if it is fun to play against Wilson. beat you with his arm, feet or brain.

game managers aren't usually one of the best play makers in the NFL.

sam1313

Reaction score
Aros":15qw1fdw said:
Funny, I was watching the NFL Network's gameday show just a bit ago on DVR and I was laughing at Kurt Warner, who has to go out of his way to promote his agenda that Russell Wilson is a product of his environment (aka best defense and Lynch) and not a TRUE QB who can pocket pass. He sounds like Jaws. Two former QBs who cannot wrap their minds around the fact that Russell Wilson is the new paradigm of QBs in the NFL.

Apparently, by their standards, your only a good QB if you can pocket pass. :34853_doh:

Forget being a diehard Seahawks fan. Let me set that badge of honor aside for one moment and tell you as an NFL fan, I can honestly say that FIRST NAME Russell LAST NAME Wilson is the most heady, talented, commanding leader of a QB that I have seen since Joe Montana. And let's recall folks that Montana was no 6 foot forever QB.

I can't imagine having a better QB to lead our team right now then Russell Wilson.

Well said Aros. I keep saying its like we collectively hit the lottery when we drafted Russell, and I keep pinching myself expecting to wake up from this awesome three year dream....

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Why not just declare him the greatest QB of all time.

Scratch that.

Greatest football player of all time. No, greatest athlete in any sport, ever.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is on another level this season. It's hard to even describe his skill set. And that is what excites me most. How do you defend someone when you can't even describe their skill sets in traditional NFL terms? It's going to take the NFL a long time to adjust, if they ever can. Wilson just showed an incredible palette of non-traditional game-changing skills last night - picking up crucial first downs (including a first and goal) with his legs, the triple-option TD throw to Lockette, the deep pass, standing in the pocket and picking apart a defense, etc.

Russell Wilson has the whole package. There's nothing he can't do. In 30 years, people will be talking about Russell Wilson the way we talk about Joe Montana now.

He is Legend.