Lurker turned Member

El Caliente

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am El Caliente and I am new to the board. I have lurked on the site a few times, but wanted to become a member of the board.

Let me disclose that I am a Saints fan, but being that the Seahawks (and not the 49ers) will be our competition in getting to the Super Bowl I wanted to come to this site for all Seahawks news (because hardly if ever do ESPN, CNNSI, etc. ever give you up to the min. news, and it is always slanted). I heard that this was the best site to read about your team so I look forward to reading, and discussing things as the season plays out.

Here's to a healthy season, and our two teams meeting in the NFC title game.

Largent80

Reaction score
:2: And you are not alone as one of this boards favorite posters is a very classy Saints fan (Asylum Guido). If you are as cool as he is you will get along fine here .

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Largent80":1bmf3rhs said:
:2: And you are not alone as one of this boards favorite posters is a very classy Saints fan (Asylum Guido). If you are as cool as he is you will get along fine here .

Yeah, Guido is good sauce. His chronicles of the traveling Hawk hat was priceless. He holds up to his bets.
Welcome to the BOARD!!!!

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2cyugsg0 said:
Largent80":2cyugsg0 said:

Yeah, Guido is good sauce. His chronicles of the traveling Hawk hat was priceless. He holds up to his bets.
Welcome to the BOARD!!!!

Welcome! Iron Saint is a decent guy as well.

IronSaint

Reaction score
OkieHawk":nonp5ljh said:
Welcome! Iron Saint is a decent guy as well.

Well thank you, Okie! You're rather swell too. :mrgreen:

And nice to see you got in, El Caliente. I'm Alan12 from SaintsReport. :lol:

zhawk

Reaction score
El Caliente":3prcz62q said:
Hi everyone,

I am El Caliente and I am new to the board. I have lurked on the site a few times, but wanted to become a member of the board.

Let me disclose that I am a Saints fan, but being that the Seahawks (and not the 49ers) will be our competition in getting to the Super Bowl I wanted to come to this site for all Seahawks news (because hardly if ever do ESPN, CNNSI, etc. ever give you up to the min. news, and it is always slanted). I heard that this was the best site to read about your team so I look forward to reading, and discussing things as the season plays out.

that would be a nice change from watching Harbaugh cry. maybe not :49ersmall:

:2: and welcome

hoxrox

Reaction score
El Caliente":32ccmrdb said:
Hi everyone,

Welcome! As of now, I also see the Saints among the primary competition in the NFC, especially if they can get home field.

Where do you feel the team has improved since last year?

From what I've seen in preseason Mark Ingram looks really good and he should help your running game. Haven't seen Cooks but heard a lot about him, and Stills should be better with another year under his belt. Of course Graham will still be Graham (against secondaries not named the Legion) 8)

How about your defense? Heard there are going to be some new wrinkles?

drdiags

Reaction score
Welcome to .NET. Hope you enjoy your time around here. There will be some rose-colored opinions, but that is to be expected on a fan site. So much passion is involved. Glad to see the season start (opening with a win doesn't hurt).

Let the games begin!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Welcome to the board. Always nice to have a few outsiders roll through with more than just smack talk. Several other great Nawlins fans around here. The aforementioned Guido has been pretty cool; you should really check out this thread from the lounge regarding that point: http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=86214.

I think the Saints are one of the top contenders in the NFL this year, and one of the strongest threats to the Seahawks' chances of repeating. They're tough and talented. I don't think they're quite the caliber of the Seahawks as a team, but when teams are close, that "any given Sunday" rule comes into play a lot more often.

Good luck in your division this year. We could well see each other in the playoffs.