James Carpenter

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Regardless of the opponent, James played well tonight, lets give credit where credit is due. It was nice seeing that man push people around tonight, and he looks in shape might I add. I noticed him the entire game.

I always thought he would pan into something when we drafted him out of Alabama, hope to see this consistency game in and game out.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Both Sweezy and carp did well. Britt also played pretty well for a first game. I thought Coleman had some great blocks as did Willson. Great day for the blockers, much better than most of last year. I think their improvement combined with the "Percy Effect "

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I really hope he keeps this up all season. Would be nice to finally have a legitimately good LG.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
jlwaters1":39nl20e5 said:
Both Sweezy and carp did well. Britt also played pretty well for a first game. I thought Coleman had some great blocks as did Willson. Great day for the blockers, much better than most of last year. I think their improvement combined with the "Percy Effect "

Lynch was running behind the interior of the line all game long and getting chunks of yards. At one point, he was averaging 9 yards a carry. That's monstrous. GB defense is that bad or the Seahawk Oline is that good. I think it's both. Nice to see Carp getting in form. Sweezy had been impressive as well thus far. Only means good things for the Seahawks.

McG

Reaction score
I really hope they find a way to re-sign Carp on a fairly long term deal for cheap. Something like 4ys-$16/20 mil, make it incentive driven, aka injuries/games played. He looks great and is playing so much better than any of the years past, he actually looks like a football player, not someone who should be on the show The Biggest Loser.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
I for one have been on Carpenter for his past years play and have to give this guy his due. Welcome to the starting line-up Carp! You have impressed me and I am a believer in you. Keep up the excellent work!

MB12

Reaction score
HawkFan72":9yp5g48j said:
I really hope he keeps this up all season. Would be nice to finally have a legitimately good LG.
and next season if we give him a new deal :thirishdrinkers:

gowazzu02

Reaction score
yup a man possessed. The announcers mentioned Carp makeing a block on marshawns second td, something to the effect of James doesn't make this block last year. Drove his guy out, and got a piece of the lb. allowing for lynch to walk in.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Whatever will we complain about if our guard positions are set and Britt ends up locking down the RT position?

I guess it's back to our wide receivers? Oh wait ...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2su2ivtj said:
yup a man possessed. The announcers mentioned Carp makeing a block on marshawns second td, something to the effect of James doesn't make this block last year. Drove his guy out, and got a piece of the lb. allowing for lynch to walk in.
It was Collinsworth...said it was a very difficult block to maintain. He makes his share of silly remarks, but I really value his observations.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I've had high hopes for Carp all along. Nice to see him finally string all those flashes of brilliance together into a great game.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
He played very well. For blockers it would seem Carpenter, Sweezy, and Miller all played lights out IMO. I think having Percy in the lineup helps with blocking too. During the superbowl with percy they didnt give up much pressure either which helps Wilson out a ton. He was the most pressured QB in the league last year I think and during the superbowl he was hardly under any pressure and tore up the Bronco D.