Bruce Irvin at DT

Brahn

Reaction score
I am pretty sure during the 1st or second quarter, I saw Irvin line up at the DT position. Rodgers then audibled out of the play they had and ran right at Irvin playing DT for a first down.

I just need to know if I was seeing things or did anyone else notice this? I am pretty sure it was Bennett that even moved out at DE during this play. Seem very out of whack.

Would appreciate if anyone can find a screen grab. I will hunt for it also myself.

Best I can recall it was on a first down run play by the Packers.

BillHawks

Reaction score
Your eyes were not deceiving you, he lined up right over the center, IIRC.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Brahn":fokc8oju said:
I am pretty sure during the 1st or second quarter, I saw Irvin line up at the DT position. Rodgers then audibled out of the play they had and ran right at Irvin playing DT for a first down.

I just need to know if I was seeing things or did anyone else notice this? I am pretty sure it was Bennett that even moved out at DE during this play. Seem very out of whack.

Would appreciate if anyone can find a screen grab. I will hunt for it also myself.

I think your mistaken, just watched the game again on NFL REWIND and didn't see a single play that Irvin was in @ tackle. I didn't even notice Irvin until the 4th quarter.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Wouldn't be the first time we've done something like that. Curry played NT for us on occasion

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Getting a good speed rush against the rookie center. Love the creativity. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
B

Brahn

Reaction score
BillHawks":3trrvekl said:
Your eyes were not deceiving you, he lined up right over the center, IIRC.

Thanks that is what I saw also. Would of worked better I assume if Rodgers didn't audible to a run, a run right at Irvin.

OP
OP
B

Brahn

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1ofbd989 said:
Brahn":1ofbd989 said:

I think your mistaken, just watched the game again on NFL REWIND and didn't see a single play that Irvin was in @ tackle. I didn't even notice Irvin until the 4th quarter.

Recheck each Packers first down, it was a run to the left off center, iirc

I noticed Irvin in the game a lot.

BamKam

Reaction score
Irvin had 2 tackles last night and 1 solo. Zero for loss.

Now I didn't key in on him a lot during the game so how was his overall pressure on Rodgers? Even though he is pretty quiet on the overall stat sheet that is a factor.

I still think Bruce is pretty overrated by a lot of Seahawks fans. You never see him get burned but he just doesn't seem to be doing much.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
BamKam":2a70kdj9 said:
Irvin had 2 tackles last night and 1 solo. Zero for loss.

Now I didn't key in on him a lot during the game so how was his overall pressure on Rodgers? Even though he is pretty quiet on the overall stat sheet that is a factor.

I still think Bruce is pretty overrated by a lot of Seahawks fans. You never see him get burned but he just doesn't seem to be doing much.

He also forced a holding penalty on a play IIRC Rodgers completed for a 15-20 yard gained. He was being mauled by the backup LT. Probably would have had a sack if he wasn't held.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Irvin had three pressures from what I remember. Impact isn't just measured on that stat sheet. Irvin had a really sound game for just having a week a practice and playing in his first game.

I swear some of you look for the silliest things to hate a guy over.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3hh0x3a4 said:

I don't HATE Irvin, but you have to admit he's underachieved here.

Now maybe that's Pete and John's fault for taking him so high in the first round, maybe he was a bottom 1st, top 2nd as many scouts put him at. But never the less he has not lived up to the hype. Not a bad player by any stretch, but also not the lightning quick DE with 12 sacks a year we were sold on.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2fxzivuc said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2fxzivuc said:

Now maybe that's Pete and John's fault for taking him so high in the first round, maybe he was a bottom 1st, top 2nd as many scouts put him at. But never the less he has not lived up to the hype. Not a bad player by any stretch, but also not the lightning quick DE with 12 sacks a year we were sold on.
I wouldn't say he's underachieved. I wouldn't say he's overachieved either. He's done his job. Considering we have Wagner, Earl, Sherm, Kam, Maxwell, Bennett, Avril, KJ, Mebane and Mcdaniel, is it not enough that he's doing a fine job?

Does everybody have to play like a Super Bowl MVP? Oh wait, that would be Smith, the guy BEHIND Irvin on the depth chart.

RussJames

Reaction score
Brahn":dsodyey7 said:

NASCAR package. Irvin lined up between the Guards quite a bit last season in sort of a "rover" position.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":nycmab3s said:
Pandion Haliaetus":nycmab3s said:

I would only admit that if my expectations for him were that he be a pro-bowl caliber player in this offense. He isn't, and isn't even put in a position to be, really. But PC likes what Irvin does, and so do I; It appeared Irvin would have indeed had a sac on the holding call - he had the speed to catch discount daaable check from behind.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DDMon710/status/508016038055645184[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/508016406474919936[/tweet]

These two tweets put things into a little more perspective. Irvin had a few good pressures, and likely would have had a sack had he not been held on one of the most blatant holding calls I've seen. He had a pretty decent game.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Irvin should have had two sacks in this game.

The obvious one was where Irvin was horribly held.

The other was Irvin and a DT (possibly Bennett) flushed Rodgers out of the pocket to his right but the DT was blocked into the ground only for Irvin to trip over him and allow Rodgers to escape.