I owe Mr. Lynch an apology

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I never believed that he was as replaceable as a lot of people were saying, but I never defended his assertion that he was worth a lot more than he was getting.

He was dead right in his holdout that he was worth a lot more.

JS might not have been able to have given in but he didn't look like a RB on his last legs. His ability to cut and run into space is amazing. He looked like a top 3 back out there.

As amazing as C Mike might be, I think he put to rest the idea that anyone could take his place.

I know that older RBs tend to flame out, we got burned on the Alexander deal, so it is hard to put your faith in an "older" RB and so I bit my tongue when everyone was questioning him during the holdout or dismissing his loss altogether.

But who else is almost a certain TD inside the 10 like he is? You know he is going to walk into the endzone (after bulling through 1-2 tackles) and then be in there shaking everyone's hands again.

I should have respected the beast.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Amazing that with all of the punishment he's taken, and is getting older, that he is still in top form. Its hard to touch him(which many in the country overlook), let alone tackle him. Here's to another great season.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I never doubted him at all.

I just didn't defend him when people were piling on him during his holdout.

And I thought the contract demands were a little ridiculous, but he was right.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
After the INT, I was disappointed we didn't hand the ball to Lynch on 3rd and 3. We were running almost at will on them. Sweezy dominated. Britt made some great blocks in the running game. Carpenter played the best game of his career, by far. Why not give the ball to Beast Mode at the three-yard line for what seems like an instant TD? A missed opportunity for sure.

I wrote on this board during the holdout that I thought Lynch deserved an extra $1-2 million guaranteed, and that's what he got. It was a fair renegotiation. He was arguably the best running back in the league last season with as many TDs and broken tackles as anyone, while playing behind an underperforming offensive line. If the offensive line continues to block well, Lynch should be able to stake his claim on that title in a more universal way.

candybars

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":30tsdd21 said:
I never doubted him at all.

I just didn't defend him when people were piling on him during his holdout.

And I thought the contract demands were a little ridiculous, but he was right.

Ok.

BamKam

Reaction score
It still blows my mind how a lot of Seahawks fans don't realize our offense is built of Lynch and not RW. When he was holding out and the "It's ok we have Turbin and Michael" crowd starting chirping loudly I just shook my head.

Beast is the heart of the offense, losing him is a HUGE blow.

warden

Reaction score
Lynch is the focal point of this offense, has been since he has got here.

Anthony!

Reaction score
BamKam":1c9fn7e7 said:
It still blows my mind how a lot of Seahawks fans don't realize our offense is built of Lynch and not RW. When he was holding out and the "It's ok we have Turbin and Michael" crowd starting chirping loudly I just shook my head.

Beast is the heart of the offense, losing him is a HUGE blow.

I would disagree while I do think Lynch is a focal point but it is no more built around him then RW. Rw is part of our running game, He gets 4 plays and picks the one he wants so a lot of what Lynch gets is because Rw sets him up for it.
I would say this offense is built around our big 3 of Lynch, Rw, and Harvin. You can pick your poison but you cannot stop them all.