Our CBs

Tylerhawk

Reaction score
Richard Sherman had a BORING game we need to get him a Gameboy while he plays haha

Byron Maxwell had a good game one thing I would say is that the comeback routes are going to be a problem for him But its only one game.

Jeremy Lane look ok in the slot its nice to see him get his shot it just sucks he left with an injury

Marcus Burley he only had a week to know our system but he look ok he did give up that td to cobb but on that play it seemed like he was trying to look at to much one thing I like about our d is that they trust everyone to do there job looks like he needs to learn that but he did good for coming in for lane

What do you guys think

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I actually thought Burley did okay considering the situation (only been with the team for a few days, forced into active duty by Lane's injury). If he continues to develop, he can be solid depth for us.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Burley did great considering he was kind of thrown into the fire.

I am a bit worried about our depth as Lane may be out a few weeks if his groin injury persists, and Simon is already injured for a few more weeks at least.

We may need to bring in someone else because we're screwed right now if another guy goes down. Shead would have to play CB and he seems to be a better safety.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Impressed by what I saw of Burley in the second half. He has impressive instincts to break on the ball. At this stage, that is looking like a critical pickup by Schneider.

Lane played well, but looked a little gimpy to me. Hamstring/groin injuries are extremely painful. I thought he played well under the circumstances.

Maxwell would have had a mediocre game had he not had that great INT. He was beaten for four first downs, and as you say, he has trouble breaking on the ball on the comeback routes. He's just not very explosive. I can't see him being re-signed after this year, which is another reason Burley was such a huge pickup for the Seahawks. Regardless of whether Simon is healthy, between Burley and Lane, one can play RCB and one can play nickel. The future of the position is strong.

Largent80

Reaction score
glad2bdada3":5vdpcgmt said:
2 words........ Champ Bailey

The same C.B. that we toasted in the S.B.?

I have to pass.

Burley had less than a week and was out there on opening night. Props to him and our excellent front office for getting him.

legend38

Reaction score
I am worried about our depth. Outside of Jordy, I think Green Bay's WR's are OK. I don't know, maybe champ is a good idea as far as a depth guy.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
If shiite got really bad, I would much prefer them to re-sign Terrell Thomas, who actually knows the system, looked good in the preseason, and still has something left in the tank.

SirTed

Reaction score
candybars":3r2hqk1s said:
Am I a dick in thinking Byron had a bad game?

A dick? No.

But I would tell you to get used to seeing a lot of what you saw last night. Maxwell is going to get picked on A LOT this year, and the fact is, teams will succeed. BUT I also think that he's good enough to make them pay, once or twice a game as well. As others have posted, I don't think it's crazy to think that Maxwell could lead the league in interceptions this season.

Also -

Honestly, if every team we plays pulls similar tactics to the Packers and ignores half the field, the Hawks are going 16-0, baring stupid turnovers like Earl's.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I am worried about Lane's groin, what with upcoming games against SD and Denver.

I'd almost see Maxwell drop into the slot and put Burley out wide.........at least he'd have more help with Thomas shading to his side for support than getting shredded in the slot.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":37v4woy5 said:
I am worried about Lane's groin, what with upcoming games against SD and Denver.

I'd almost see Maxwell drop into the slot and put Burley out wide.........at least he'd have more help with Thomas shading to his side for support than getting shredded in the slot.

Maxwell just isn't quick enough to play man coverage in the slot. Burley, on the other hand, looks very good in that role.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Our CB depth right now does look pretty shaky...especially with the likes of Rivers and Manning coming up. Gotta have all hands on deck for those games. Hopefully these 3 extra days will give Lane a chance to heal up.

King Dog

Reaction score
SirTed":3rqss1s8 said:
candybars":3rqss1s8 said:
Am I a dick in thinking Byron had a bad game?

A dick? No.

But I would tell you to get used to seeing a lot of what you saw last night. Maxwell is going to get picked on A LOT this year, and the fact is, teams will succeed. BUT I also think that he's good enough to make them pay, once or twice a game as well. As others have posted, I don't think it's crazy to think that Maxwell could lead the league in interceptions this season.

Also -

Honestly, if every team we plays pulls similar tactics to the Packers and ignores half the field, the Hawks are going 16-0, baring stupid turnovers like Earl's.

I think Maxwell will be good for the most part. Not every team has a Jordy Nelson with Aaron Rodgers throwing him the ball.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1gckr0zy said:
Sgt. Largent":1gckr0zy said:

Maxwell just isn't quick enough to play man coverage in the slot. Burley, on the other hand, looks very good in that role.

idk, I saw a lot of separation on Cobb in the 2nd half.

I GUARANTEE you SD and Denver are going to hammer on him all game long in the slot. I know Pete and Gus will game plan like crazy to zone help the slot coverage........but still worries me.

Largent80

Reaction score
Here is the good news for next week.

Since the Hawks played on Thursday, and the Chargers play on Monday, we have 4 more days to rest/heal and get Burley into the mix than the Chargers have. Dude had all of 3 or 4 days to play a game and learn a system when he was about to be cut by Indy.

Hopefully Lane can heal that up though.

We are slightly thinner than before, but remember...Simon should be ok this week.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1xvhgmfp said:
I actually thought Burley did okay considering the situation (only been with the team for a few days, forced into active duty by Lane's injury). If he continues to develop, he can be solid depth for us.

Burley had an unbelievable breakup while covering Cobb on a intermediate sideline route. Perfect coverage and was able to get his arms on the ball as he was bringing the catch in. For being here just a week, I'd say he played well.

mistaowen

Reaction score
It seemed Byron wasn't jamming at the LOS nearly as much as he did last year in the first half (rule change?) . That allowed for the quicker passes and I think we schemed to stop the 'normal' Aaron Rodgers air it out offense. Once we realized at half time they were only throwing short passes to the left side, we seemed to play more bump and run with LB help to prevent what they were trying to do. Hell, Rodgers had something like 4.8 YPA in the first half. That's unheard of in their offense.

I think Maxwell will be fine and Sherm will get his targets. Teams cannot use only half the field and expect to win.