Against GB: Name some plays that blew your mind.

Mick063

Reaction score
Here are mine:

1) Zach Miller recovers from knees prone to break up a sure interception. Super quick reaction and instinct.

2) Bobby Wagner stays with Randall Cobb, step for step, 44 yards downfield, and given cornerback skills to turn his head correctly, would have been in position to intercept a ball instead of drawing an interference penalty. That young man has wheels.

3) Zach Miller makes a one handed grab down the sideline that appears to be five yards overthrown.

4) Zach Miller pass blocking one of the best edge rushers in the league, Clay Mathews, for the full duration. Walter Jones couldn't have done it better.

In fact, I would say that this is the best I have seen Miller play since the 2012 divisional round against the Falcons. Wagner was simply lights out. As usual, get him into the flow of the game, past the first quarter, and he transforms into a man possessed.

It is these kind of players that will prove to be extremely difficult to replace. You won't truly appreciate what they do until they are gone.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
The TD pass to Lockette is one of my favorite plays in quite some time. Beautiful.

Lxx

Reaction score
Everytime Russel/Lynch/Harvin faked out GB. Green Bay looked like they have never seen a play action before

OP
OP
Mick063

Mick063

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1cwzn274 said:
Those fly sweeps with the .00012 second hand-off time. Mindboggling how fast it was. Scared me to death every time they'd fumble the ball it happened so fast. But wow, no matter who ended up with the ball, it was a great play.

There is simply no way you can execute that play so well, in the first game of the season, unless you drilled it over and over and over in camp. This leads me to believe it will be a staple of their offensive diet. There are so many permutations to run off of it (ie. Play action fly sweep fake to Harvin/screen to Lynch) that the playbook probably has a chapter titled "fly sweep action".

I saw Bill Polian on ESPN describe the Seattle offense as a near "sea change" that will have defensive coordinators sleepless. An offense that they "did not display in preseason". According to Polian; "It renders 300 pound defensive tackles useless because Seattle doesn't need to block them. Defensive line coaches are going to hate this offense."

brimsalabim

Reaction score
On the play fake that led to Coleman's TD catch, watch how hard Beast sells it and just how elated he was that it worked. Really this squad played each down as a cohesive unit with the same passion the defense does.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Blew my mind bad way the supposed Miller hold on Mathews.
Good would be the read option pass .

The Radish

Reaction score
Mick063":2y7qrks3 said:
Seahawk Sailor":2y7qrks3 said:
Those fly sweeps with the .00012 second hand-off time. Mindboggling how fast it was. Scared me to death every time they'd fumble the ball it happened so fast. But wow, no matter who ended up with the ball, it was a great play.

There is simply no way you can execute that play so well, in the first game of the season, unless you drilled it over and over and over in camp. This leads me to believe it will be a staple of their offensive diet. There are so many permutations to run off of it (ie. Play action fly sweep fake to Harvin/screen to Lynch) that the playbook probably has a chapter titled "fly sweep action".

I saw Bill Polian on ESPN describe the Seattle offense as a near "sea change" that will have defensive coordinators sleepless. An offense that they "did not display in preseason". According to Polian; "It renders 300 pound defensive tackles useless because Seattle doesn't need to block them. Defensive line coaches are going to hate this offense."

Well they did run it twice in the SuperB owl for almost 60 yards so I'm thinkin they practiced it long ago.

:roll:

The Radish

Reaction score
My favorite for the night was 10 Green Bay guys go left with Harvin and Wilson chucks it to a wide open Coleman with one player left on that side of the field.

Pure heaven.

:th2thumbs:

taco40

Reaction score
Mick063":i91vtenf said:
Here are mine:

1) Zach Miller recovers from knees prone to break up a sure interception. Super quick reaction and instinct.

3) Zach Miller makes a one handed grab down the sideline that appears to be five yards overthrown.

4) Zach Miller pass blocking one of the best edge rushers in the league, Clay Mathews, for the full duration. Walter Jones couldn't have done it better.

In fact, I would say that this is the best I have seen Miller play since the 2012 divisional round against the Falcons. Wagner was simply lights out. As usual, get him into the flow of the game, past the first quarter, and he transforms into a man possessed.

Miller was indeed blindingly outstanding last night. Force a premier defensive player to flop like a girl in order to make an impact. He was well prepared to funnel Matthew's aggression into recklessly trying to do it all himself, which he has often done, but in this game Miller made him into a non-team player.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Mick063":2efgv17f said:
Seahawk Sailor":2efgv17f said:

I came away impressed with the Offense... and the first thing I thought was to all Chargers, Bears, and Raider fans and everyone between who thought the Seahawks were showing too much in the PreSeason... even our own fanbase... No, not even close... Seahawks literally can run any play in the book.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3w3nkyqa said:
On the play fake that led to Coleman's TD catch, watch how hard Beast sells it and just how elated he was that it worked. Really this squad played each down as a cohesive unit with the same passion the defense does.

I think Coleman's strength as a reciever is why he was kept over Small. And Small was far from a wasted pick because I also feel Coleman got better from the competition because he's been solid thus far in PS and vs GB.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1vk8uz2u said:
brimsalabim":1vk8uz2u said:

I think Coleman's strength as a reciever is why he was kept over Small. And Small was far from a wasted pick because I also feel Coleman got better from the competition because he's been solid thus far in PS and vs GB.

I went and re-watched the game and Coleman was doing great at blocking, there was quite a few plays where he helped get Lynch and even Turbin over 5 yards

OP
OP
Mick063

Mick063

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":2bjygnk4 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2bjygnk4 said:
brimsalabim":2bjygnk4 said:

I went and re-watched the game and Coleman was doing great at blocking, there was quite a few plays where he helped get Lynch and even Turbin over 5 yards

Indeed.

Watch it again. The guards were getting the pub (as they should), but Luke Willson, Zach Miller, and Derek Coleman were simply outstanding in the run game blocking. All three were laying the wood. On Lynch's second TD run, Willson looked like he knocked the wind out of Mathews.

I am ready to declare Miller the best pass blocking tight end in the league. He would be half way serviceable as an emergency left tackle.

Someone commented that a block was missed when an untouched Mathews chased down a play from behind. I personally believe it was a designed "influence" play (no blocker assigned) where Mathews didn't take the bait. In other words, he sold out on a hard inside slant that worked well for that play and proved to be a disaster on the next jet sweep.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
taco40":2e0b2mq7 said:
Mick063":2e0b2mq7 said:
Here are mine:

Miller was indeed blindingly outstanding last night. Force a premier defensive player to flop like a girl in order to make an impact. He was well prepared to funnel Matthew's aggression into recklessly trying to do it all himself, which he has often done, but in this game Miller made him into a non-team player.
Miller impressed me more than anybody. Owning Clay Matthews, then thowing in a one-handed catch for good measure? All in a day's work! How manys ways did he destroy Clay's day? So glad he stayed in Seattle.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Ever since the Falcons game, I was high on him getting more touches, Miller Time baby!