This team plays smart and more disciplined vs last year

seabowl

Reaction score
I know it's only game one but this team is showing that they are playing more disciplined than last year. We had only 4 penalties for 69 yards (most came on the PI call against Bobby). This compared to last years free for all in penalties per game is a nice change. It's especially impressive that they are doing it with the new illegal contact rules in place. Kudos to the coaching staff for improving what was a weakness of ours last year. I liken it to a corporation that is hitting on most cylinders trimming some not needed fat to improve the bottom line.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
seabowl":1jag3cvn said:
I know it's only game one but this team is showing that they are playing more disciplined than last year. We had only 4 penalties for 69 yards (most came on the PI call against Bobby). This compared to last years free for all in penalties per game is a nice change. It's especially impressive that they are doing it with the new illegal contact rules in place. Kudos to the coaching staff in improving what was a weakness of ours last year. I liken it to a corporation that is hitting on most cylinders trimming some not needed fat to improve the bottom line.

Totally agree. It was nice to not see several drives killed on offense because of stupid penalties

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
If Wagner turns his head on the PI its a clean play.

Britt's and Miller's Holding Penalties were more Clay Mathew flops than egregious holds.

That's 3 penalties for 64 yards, right there.

The other I want to say was a false start on Britt or Okung.

Seahawks had a good rehab for sure.

Edit: Nope, remembered the penalty: Bennett for NZI

Mick063

Reaction score
1) Pete's point of emphasis is reducing penalties just as the competition committee's (read Jerry Jones' son Stephen) point of emphasis is to penalize the Seahawks. As usual, Pete beats the Cowboys, even if it is not directly against the Cowboys.

2) The team is young, ascending, improving, maturing, getting more experienced. One would expect them to become increasingly disciplined.

Rainger

Reaction score
Not wanting to be a negative nelly, but it is a long season. I am sure we will get a fair share of games with flag happy refs. Some games with 10 to 12 ticky tacky penalties are on the horizon.

Doesn't mean we are playing un-disciplined it is just different games without the Commish in the stands and not on national TV will get some refs trying to influence the game. Bank on it.

Does the Indy game from last year come to mind???