Mike and Mike this morning

Birdfinger

Reaction score
Its true though. Our supposed NFC challengers looked decent but not any better than last year. Bears, Saints, Packers and although they played the Dallas Cupcakes, the 49ers all seemed to either be the same or even have regressed a bit.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Bears are bad....really bad. Saints defense needs work and grayhead better do it quick. 49ers looked good when Romo was throwing them passes, maybe they should look into trading for him? Cowboys will never be in it as long as they think Romo is the answer. The guy just sucks. With that all said, ya it feels great to know that your favorite team is in a class by itself.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Funny, I found myself watching games this weekend with a perspective "can this team hang with the Hawks". It seems that we are not the only one thinking this way.

On NFL AM this morning the ost Rhett stated that he found himself watching game and thinking can this team compete with Seattle.

Seattle is now the gold standard in the NFL, and how sweet it is.

If this team maintains focus there are going to be very very tough to beat.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Be prepared to see a ton of Donko love by the media. That's going to be their constructed antithesis to the Seahawks this year.

It started with those good Pats teams a decade ago, but the media will start this mantra of "who can beat the Hawks this year?" Good games by the Niners will also receive tons of credit in an effort to inject some drama into the NFC race, but it's going to be P. Manning and Co. that get a ton of media love.

I've never seen so much slobbering over a 24 point defensive effort that masked an almost epic collapse. I've read how the new Broncos D is here, how they "dominated" etc. I understand why they're doing it, but it's such an obvious reach. The Pats just got beat by Miami (interesting stat: this is the 1st time the Pats haven't lead or been tied for the lead in their division since week 3 of 2012), so there's already questions there.

NO just got beat by Atlanta. Last year was an abberation; the Falcons/Saints is a hell of a rivalry and both teams get up to play each other. All this really means is that the NFCS is not automatically the Saints to lose. It's also one step closer for our HFA in the playoffs.

The Niners only scored 21 on the Cowgirls defense, and one of those TD's was a defensive gift that 80% of the teams in the league turn into the same result, and one that 98% of the teams in the league should score a TD against the Cowgirls in that position. It's too early to read too much from it, but I expected 35 points from the Niners team of the last 2 years.

The short of it is, we are the best team in the league, and folks are going to pick the Donkeys as the team to knock us off to make things interesting throughout the season.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The miners and the Vikings looked better than I expected. I think the Broncos can still be defended by cutting off the receivers routes and not allowing them to get to the spots where Manning is lobbing the ball. Their defense comes and goes with their two linebackers who were in and out with dings last night. The Colts could figure things out and be formidable as could the Bucs. IMO the Panthers and Miners though appear to be our biggest challengers.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I would give anything to get Greenberg off the air... I think his job description is "Radio Monkey".

But it is nice to get a little love but it's only 1 week. But I am so happy to have a a great team. Watching the Washington game made me really appreciate that fact.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Had Sunday ticket rolling all day yesterday and I didnt see anyone that looked to be even remotely within the Hawks class yesterday. I dont expect my opinion to change much after tonights game either.

16-0?? Dare to dream, one game at a time!!!

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
We even have Carter in our corner now. Cool. I have a feeling that Atlanta game is going to come back and haunt the Saints this year. They were the team that most concerned me going into the season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No one should be excited about Greenberg's opinion on anything, dude's the worst predictor in the history of sports.

SirTed

Reaction score
I think the Saints will be tough. And of course the 9ers too.

I know they lost yesterday, but NO will be in it at the end, and they've got a lot of weapons on offense, and unlike the Donks, they can (and will) run the ball a little.

9ers will always be our true test. Yes, there are signs that they're declining a little but you know they're gonna roll the rest of the league. Not to mention the fact that they always get a slightly more favorable version of our schedule.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SirTed":2et7aida said:

I know they lost yesterday, but NO will be in it at the end, and they've got a lot of weapons on offense, and unlike the Donks, they can (and will) run the ball a little.

9ers will always be our true test. Yes, there are signs that they're declining a little but you know they're gonna roll the rest of the league. Not to mention the fact that they always get a slightly more favorable version of our schedule.

1. The Saints D was suppose to be vastly improved, and they coughed up 37 points to an average Falcons team. They may win the South, but if week one proved anything it's that they aren't going to run away with the division as some of us feared and just cruise into HFA.

2. I'll hold off on my opinion on whether the Niners are still good until they play someone other than the horrifically bad Cowboys. Because what I watched yesterday in Dallas is the winner of the Macus Mariota sweepstakes.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1v14f13e said:
SirTed":1v14f13e said:

1. The Saints D was suppose to be vastly improved, and they coughed up 37 points to an average Falcons team. They may win the South, but if week one proved anything it's that they aren't going to run away with the division as some of us feared and just cruise into HFA.

2. I'll hold off on my opinion on whether the Niners are still good until they play someone other than the horrifically bad Cowboys. Because what I watched yesterday in Dallas is the winner of the Macus Mariota sweepstakes.

#1, please .net read #1.

Seahawks power rankings on this board have the saints at #2, with the way everyone talks about them.

Honestly the 49ers are still going to be a bigger challenge when all is said and done imo.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I don't know, I thought the niners looked pretty good. Realistically, the Packers are about the exact equivalent to the Cowboys. Potent offense and lousy defense. SF pretty much dominated them on the road to a similar degree we just did at home.

Especially considering the losses -- I don't see this year as the year the niners fall off the map. They still look like our most fierce and equal rival.

The Saints look like they just lost the #1 overall seed already. They will have a rough time making 13-3. If that effort was indicative of their season they look like an 11-5 team.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1nycubm8 said:
I don't know, I thought the niners looked pretty good. Realistically, the Packers are about the exact equivalent to the Cowboys. Potent offense and lousy defense. SF pretty much dominated them on the road to a similar degree we just did at home.

Especially considering the losses -- I don't see this year as the year the niners fall off the map. They still look like our most fierce and equal rival.

The Saints look like they just lost the #1 overall seed already. They will have a rough time making 13-3. If that effort was indicative of their season they look like an 11-5 team.

It looked to me like SF and GB were more comparable than GB and Dallas. Dallas has a bad offense and a horrid defense; SF looked like it had a really good offense and lousy defense. To wit, they got run over by Dallas's running game, and if it wasn't for the really bad Romoceptions all over the first half, Dallas could have won that game. (Probably wouldn't have, but could've.)

lsheldon

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3cd2mcbx said:

Technically that was almost a home game for the Whiners. See all the red in the stands?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Injuries derailed the Falcons last year. They knocked us off the year before with an incredible offense and not a lot of D. This year they should be back to their old form on offense.

Which is to say that New Orleans giving up 37 in Atlanta is not a knock on the Saints. The LOB gave up 30 just two years back when they were the #1 defense in the NFL.

I still say New Orleans is going to be tough. I'm wondering how tough will Atlanta be?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2umhy6da said:
Attyla the Hawk":2umhy6da said:

It looked to me like SF and GB were more comparable than GB and Dallas. Dallas has a bad offense and a horrid defense; SF looked like it had a really good offense and lousy defense. To wit, they got run over by Dallas's running game, and if it wasn't for the really bad Romoceptions all over the first half, Dallas could have won that game. (Probably wouldn't have, but could've.)

I wonder what you guys are seeing that I am not ? I thought that the Niner defense looked a bit better on the back end than I thought they would, but Dez Bryant was also out half the game. Their Dline looked about the same as I figured it would.

The offense only scored 21 points, 7 of which came from a start on Dallas' 3 yard line. So, they scored 14 points in sustained drives against probably the worst defense in the league, and that's looking good ?

I didn't get a chance to watch the game. I saw two good Kap highlights where he actually stepped up into the pocket on one play, and rolled out and broke a tackle on another. Looking at the stats he had 16 completions, 12 of which went to Boldin and Davis. 2 went to Johnson and 2 went to Crabtree. This isn't the what I'd call spreading ball around and looks to be the same Kap that makes 2 reads and runs.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":3aic9fs1 said:
I didn't get a chance to watch the game. I saw two good Kap highlights where he actually stepped up into the pocket on one play, and rolled out and broke a tackle on another. Looking at the stats he had 16 completions, 12 of which went to Boldin and Davis. 2 went to Johnson and 2 went to Crabtree. This isn't the what I'd call spreading ball around and looks to be the same Kap that makes 2 reads and runs.

Wait, Kap with 2 reads? You mean he's doubled his mental on-field ability?

Ozzy

Reaction score
I saw some potential problems with San Fran as well but its hard to grade them the way Dallas played yesterday. They couldn't stop the run though and the offense struggled at times. They did have the game wrapped up though so maybe they went conservative? Nice to see them struggling with the run though. :)