Seahawks signed OT Andrew McDonald

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Is this the corresponding move? Surprising that they signed an OL considering how good Britt and Carpenter played. Perhaps this means they're not concerned with CB depth?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TesslerSports/status/508982356917878784[/tweet]

Basis4day

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":2x5qe5y4 said:
Is this the corresponding move? Surprising that they signed an OL considering how good Britt and Carpenter played. Perhaps this means they're not concerned with CB depth?

Recall that Jean-Pierre was IR'd the day before the Packer game. They were still down an O-Lineman from what they intended on the 53 man initial roster.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2xsfqbv0 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TesslerSports/status/508982356917878784[/tweet]

Man, the Seahawks love these guys who have overcome adversity. Good for him!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Interesting, really thought that when we waived Bates that that meant they were gonna sign a CB.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
if they catch it early its the most survivable of all cancers. very susceptible to radiation therapy. they remove your nut, nuke you for a month and you are done.

OP
OP
D

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Basis4day":1gsk1ukl said:
dumbrabbit":1gsk1ukl said:

Recall that Jean-Pierre was IR'd the day before the Packer game. They were still down an O-Lineman from what they intended on the 53 man initial roster.

Yes, I do recall that, but I think the majority expected a CB to be signed. But perhaps this move had nothing to do with Jeremy Lane and had to do with that.

Basis4day

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":1vo6v2w3 said:
Basis4day":1vo6v2w3 said:
dumbrabbit":1vo6v2w3 said:

Yes, I do recall that, but I think the majority expected a CB to be signed. But perhaps this move had nothing to do with Jeremy Lane and had to do with that.

Post hoc ergo propter hoc

OP
OP
D

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Basis4day":3pa3mvzv said:
dumbrabbit":3pa3mvzv said:
Basis4day":3pa3mvzv said:
dumbrabbit":3pa3mvzv said:

???

drdiags

Reaction score
I would still expect a corresponding move to shore up the secondary depth. Neither Lane or Simon are going to be back until after the bye. There could even be 2 more moves. I am thinking a WR and LB.

Hawksfanatik

Reaction score
I am sure this guy is looking forward to the day he isn't referred to as the "Incognito bully victim" but rather praised for his football talent.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Interesting that we sign this guy after cutting Winston, who I thought played well during the preseason.

Purely salary? Control?

Basis4day

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":3a9yku66 said:
Basis4day":3a9yku66 said:

???

It's latin for "after this, therefore because of this", which is a logical fallacy. It refers to confusion that we would sign an O-Lineman after/because a CB went down for an extended injury. Signing McDonald isn't a reaction to Lane's injury or a sign that they are fine at CB. They are separate events. The O-Lineman signing is likely a reaction to the LJP injury and the Keith Lewis tryout is more a reaction to the Lane injury.

Though in all fairness i'm probably using the term inappropriately or in the wrong context. I just think it sounds cool.