Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Chargers)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Early Version!

I know, normally I wait until Wednesday or Thursday at the latest for my weekly prediction thread but since I'm watching the Chargers play the Cardinals right now, I thought I would mix things up a bit.

Even though both teams look like, well, meh right now, I have a feeling that won't go away that suggests this game in San Diego could be "one of THOSE games" where the outcome or the circumstances within the game aren't quite what most 12's expect.

This is a sneaky team the Chargers. Sure, on paper we should make them our latest bitch, but at home, down there, I can see Rivers causing us problems.

I hate when my gut tells me I should be concerned. Especially these days when we are all used to being on top of the NFL Universe. I don't fear we're not a match for the Chargers, obviously, but what I DO fear is that this could be one of those trap games we all fear and that are always inevitable at least once every NFL season on the schedule.

But since I am going to be at the game and because my 38-year 12 status insists on doing the right and proper thing...

I predict the Seahawks will win.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 27 - Chargers 19

Aros' Fearless Record: 1-0

EDIT: NFSeahawks628 has come up with a really cool idea where each week's points will be awarded based on predicted scores for the Seahawks game for that week.

For more information on how the scoring works check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=96154

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I will join you in your prognostication. I think we're going to light the Chargers defense up; they'll get their punches in, but...

Seahawks - 41 Bolts - 17

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The Cards aren't doing much offensively against the Chargers, but that doesn't mean anything. Our Offense is better, and our D is at least as good as the red birds'.

Hawks - 27

Chargers - 13

Lxx

Reaction score
Seahawks on the road, so don't expect a blowout
Seahawks win it 24-15

chris98251

Reaction score
If they run those same routes defense is going to FEAST, score 35 Seattle - 9 San Diego.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think with the thin secondary and the pass rush being on the road this weekend.. it will be close.. but we shall prevail.

Seahawks 23
Chargers 20

2_0_6

Reaction score
We hold Matthews under 50 yards Rushing, and Rivers under 200.

31-10 Hawks

0-0

Barakas

Reaction score
Offense is healthy, defense is more than enough to hold em to a TD and a couple of FGs.

Seahawks: 34
Charges: 16

Record: 1-0

kearly

Reaction score
41-17.

Hawks are going to roast that slow LB corps.

kf3339

Reaction score
suppaball":k9m6plsa said:
34-13 hawks!

And it's not as close as the score.

This looks right to me.

1-0 so far this young season!

renofox

Reaction score
Seahawks 27
Chargers 20

Seahawks come out flat in what looks to be a trap game, but wake up in the second half and take care of business.

1-0

soje

Reaction score
Seahawks 38
Chargers 10

Our offense will be unstoppable and Rivers' aggressive style will result in 2 turnovers.