No love for the 12th man????

kidhawk

Reaction score
Microfiber":2ws6tqzo said:
friend sent this to me, I can't tell when it was published, but looks fairly new..... NFL Live debating toughest places to play and the clink gets NO LOVE....... wtf???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ5B36UJclg

The video has an upload date of 2011, so it's at least 3 years ago. They also asked two AFC West guys, so it's no shock they picked Arrowhead.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Uploaded on Aug 20, 2011

Hawks were beatable then.

kearly

Reaction score
August 20th, 2011.

Also known as the time that Seattle was the #1 favorite in the national media to win the Suck for Luck sweepstakes.

OP
OP
M

Microfiber

Reaction score
kearly":pbxjsexp said:
August 20th, 2011.

Also known as the time that Seattle was the #1 favorite in the national media to win the Suck for Luck sweepstakes.

That makes us sound like fair weather fans...... were only loud and attend games when were good?

irocdave

Reaction score
Microfiber":ks8ztaxc said:
kearly":ks8ztaxc said:
August 20th, 2011.

That makes us sound like fair weather fans...... were only loud and attend games when were good?

Winning, or at least being competitive helps. Have to admit, going to games in the Kingdome in the mid 90's sucked, Tom Flores couldn't coach an offense out of a wet paper bag and the turnstile of piss poor QB's made it unwatchable. The Dome wasn't loud, sold out or near capacity. Most home games were blacked out. I remember going to a Hawk game at Husky stadium ( C LInk was being built at the time) and seeing a lot of empty seats also. Don't remember much from that game, my buddy and I got hammered before going in.

When your team sucks and has for a long time that's what happens, people stop going. Look at todays Mariners. They need to prove to be more than a flash in the pan after a decade of suck for the fans to buy in.

Seafan

Reaction score
irocdave":fghvm2ma said:
Microfiber":fghvm2ma said:
kearly":fghvm2ma said:
August 20th, 2011.

Winning, or at least being competitive helps. Have to admit, going to games in the Kingdome in the mid 90's sucked, Tom Flores couldn't coach an offense out of a wet paper bag and the turnstile of piss poor QB's made it unwatchable. The Dome wasn't loud, sold out or near capacity. Most home games were blacked out. I remember going to a Hawk game at Husky stadium ( C LInk was being built at the time) and seeing a lot of empty seats also. Don't remember much from that game, my buddy and I got hammered before going in.

When your team sucks and has for a long time that's what happens, people stop going. Look at todays Mariners. They need to prove to be more than a flash in the pan after a decade of suck for the fans to buy in.

When Paul Allen bought the team the fans turned the volume back up. Back in the Knox days there was no louder stadium than the Kingdome.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Microfiber":22dcv9v0 said:
kearly":22dcv9v0 said:
August 20th, 2011.

There was still good attendance and still loud comparably to the norm but not like they are when their winning.

The Behring era was much worse. We actually had blacked out stadiums for a couple years but that was also because Ken Behring was deliberately trying to ruin any interest the fans had in the team because he wanted to move the team to California and rename them the BlackHawks after the community he built that made him a billionaire.

That era had his son as the GM and passed on players like Bret Favre to take Dan McGuire when everyone knew it was a dumb move and Coach Knox was adamant about getting Favre. It actually was part of what caused us to lose Knox.

I didn't have money for tickets so my brothers and sister and I every other Sunday, would drive to Rosland to watch the games.

Every team has an era where the fans don't show full support. It's part of the game but that era is also why Seattle appreciates Paul Allen the way we do.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to have the common sense factor. If somebody did a list of toughest places to play in the NFL today, they'd be incredibly high or just unaware of the NFL to leave Seattle off it.

There really isn't even a debate what stadium teams dread visiting the most in the NFL right now.