Article: fieldgulls breakdown of SEA vs GB defense

Laloosh

Reaction score
Enjoyed. Sharing...

http://www.fieldgulls.com/football-brea ... bby-wagner

The Packers played not to lose. Their biggest play came via penalty on Bobby Wagner and the next biggest was a 12-yard catch. There weren't any really bad plays for the Seahawks, save for one mistake by Jeremy Lane that resulted in a third down conversion, but it was an anomaly compared to how the game went.

Seattle had this well played and by the end Aaron Rodgers refusal to go after Richard Sherman became a huge advantage to Seattle's coverage efforts.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Watch the GIF with Wagner's DPI.

Irvin is getting the crap held out of him. LT has nothing but shoulder pad and impedes Irvin from getting by him. Ref is right back there....I gotta think they ignore calls like this so "elite" QBs like Rodgers can run around and make plays.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I love pieces like these because of education and acknowledgement.

People say Irvin was invisible, nope, he had a good game.

People say Hill sucked, nope, he had a decent game.

This D-Line is scary and seemingly more versatile than last years. I don't know how they were able to get all the substituions in, for me, it seemed like Green Bay was dictating a constant flow of plays to keep the Seahawks from subbing in.

To add:

Kevin Williams is the only DL-man past his prime, but he's legendary status and still going strong despite his age/tenure.

Brandon Mebane, Tony McDaniel, Michael Bennett, and Cliff Avril are all in their PRIME window... Bane and McDaniels likely have capped potential and hit their ceilings , while Bennett and Avril are just entering the sweet spot of their prime years with a little space to continue to grow.

However, OBS, Bruce Irvin, Jordan Hill, Cassius Marsh, and Greg Scruggs are still in their developmental stages of their careers and have an insane amount of potential rooted by the coaching of Dan Quinn and strengthened by a solid group of veteran mentors.

OBS is not young as the others at 27 y.o. in his 5th year but in LEO years he's relatively young and still growing into position. So the potential is still there for improving with each experience.

Irvin also turns 27 on Nov. 1st but for as athletic he is, he probably has a solid 8 years left in the NFL if he stays healthy enough. If he can continue to stay on his developmental course he has the potential for a dominant 3-5 year run.

But the sky is the limit with the other 3: Marsh is 22, Hill is 23, and Scruggs is 24.

Don't Forget:

D'Anthony Smith (26), Jesse Williams (24 on Nov. 2), and Jimmy Staten (23)