Practice Squad: Bates Signed

kidhawk

Reaction score
Bradford was released and Bates was signed to the practice squad today according to the Seahawks App

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Can you post who we have on practice squad, all of them here please? I have been busy and would appreciate it.

kpak76

Reaction score
Wow didn't even know we had Bradford back. Thought he went to the Jags after we cut him last year. Too bad for him, he looked good last year. Norton said he was the hardest hitter of the bunch.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1xqosi4t said:
Can you post who we have on practice squad, all of them here please? I have been busy and would appreciate it.

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster.html[/urltargetblank]

84....Allen, RaShaun....TE
88....Bates, Phil....WR
30....Bronson, Demitrius....RB
5.....Daniels, B.J.....QB
69....Isles, Nate....G
13....Matthews, Chris....WR
42....Parks, Terrance....DB
67....Staten, Jimmy....DT
26....Terrell, Steven ....FS
74....Warmsley, Julius....DE

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Interesting that we have a DB, but no "corners."

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3o93i87q said:

I think if Jefferson hadn't been put on Injured Reserve, he'd have ended up on the Practice Squad this year as a CB, but his injury didn't allow for that.

drrew

Reaction score
Anybody know when in the week you qualify to be paid when on the practice squad? Do Bates and Bradford receive payments, do they both receive partial payments, or does only Bates get paid since he's here through the week.

My thinking is that they cycle through so many at the bottom of the PS only to bring them right back as a way to get a small amount of money in the players pockets and have them more likely to sign with Hawks when other options come up.

drrew

Reaction score
For that matter, at what point in the week do you qualify for a real game check. If you sign Monday, practice all week, but get cut Saturday, are you out of luck or do you get some sort of prorated $$?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
drrew":ijzkjjh9 said:
For that matter, at what point in the week do you qualify for a real game check. If you sign Monday, practice all week, but get cut Saturday, are you out of luck or do you get some sort of prorated $$?

You get a check for being on the roster even one day in any particular week. This is how Pete and John have kept players around in the past, by signing and releasing practice squad players on a rotational basis. Although, now that we have the additional 2 players (up to 10 from 8 last season) that isn't as much an issue now as it was in the past.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
kidhawk":1bedbe6x said:
Ad Hawk":1bedbe6x said:

I think if Jefferson hadn't been put on Injured Reserve, he'd have ended up on the Practice Squad this year as a CB, but his injury didn't allow for that.
Jefferson is a vested veteran and wasn't eligible for the PS.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":1w4kiyjq said:
kidhawk":1w4kiyjq said:
Ad Hawk":1w4kiyjq said:

Jefferson is a vested veteran and wasn't eligible for the PS.

You're right. For some reason I was thinking he'd only had 2 seasons under his belt. Didn't realize he'd had 4 already.