Harvin is trippin'

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
After watching highlights of the Packers game it brought back to mind that Percy tripped a couple of times.
I Google'd that and came across this short article.

http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/09/08/ ... -thursday/

I'm not an NFL almanac and can't cite references to this sort of situation, but I do recall that while watching the game I was saying "WTF, why's Percy trippin'". A couple of these came way before contact, so I couldn't tell if he was trying to juke way too early and was just running too fast at the time. Any thoughts?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
telling a professional athlete to put forth anything less than 100% is dumb as hell.

It seems to me, he's still getting used to his new wheels

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
pmedic920":15x1j2la said:
I didn't notice it at the game but watching on rewind I did.
It got my attention. Anybody have a valid explanation?
Wrong shoes maybe?

He dresses to the left and he was tailored to the right.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Dude is trying to hit high gear before he has his footing. Percy is off balance sometimes and he trips for 10 yards. I get the feeling that he is just getting warmed up and that he hasn't played balls out until week 1.

He is too fast for his own self.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3kc2euxq said:
Doesn't matter, he's better than everyone he goes against.

Except his own feet, apparently.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Not sure who it was that said this about Marshawn... His feet are as fast as his eyes... or something similar (maybe Bevell?)... so my take is Percy's eyes are currently faster than his feet so he's trying to get to a spot faster then he is able and that causes him to stumble on some plays.

Regardless of the reason, it's all okay.

Percy is a force that DCs must adjust for... and none have been successful thus far.

Kakaww

Reaction score
He reminds me of Napoleon Kaufman as a freshman with the Huskies. He would sometimes be moving so fast he would tackle himself by stumbling. Also one of the only other players that was as exciting as Harvin to watch. Percy is going to stack up some incredible plays this year.

CANHawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":10gx0bdv said:
pmedic920":10gx0bdv said:
Wrong shoes maybe?

He dresses to the left and he was tailored to the right.
Does that mean his junk is on the wrong side..?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The more grip you have on a surface, the more likely you get a knee injury like an ACL or MCL tear. He's probably working on finding cleats that are JUST long enough to give him the grip he needs while not overdoing it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pmedic920":2z1kwxcs said:
Wrong shoes maybe?

Obviously not on the same athletic level, but I remember when I played baseball in high school I'd trip over my feet trying to leg out a double or triple. You're so amped up and trying to run so fast that the adrenaline can't catch up to your legs.

That's what happened with Percy, just getting ahead of himself because he's so amped up trying to make a play. He'll calm down and be just fine.

OP
OP
HomerJHawk

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1za51woc said:
Not sure who it was that said this about Marshawn... His feet are as fast as his eyes... or something similar (maybe Bevell?)... so my take is Percy's eyes are currently faster than his feet so he's trying to get to a spot faster then he is able and that causes him to stumble on some plays.

Regardless of the reason, it's all okay.

Percy is a force that DCs must adjust for... and none have been successful thus far.

This is what I was thinking. He's trying to get to a spot he sees downfield faster than his legs can get him there. Only seems to happen when he has 10yards+ space in front of him.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Kakaww":txyes8gt said:
He reminds me of Napoleon Kaufman as a freshman with the Huskies. He would sometimes be moving so fast he would tackle himself by stumbling. Also one of the only other players that was as exciting as Harvin to watch. Percy is going to stack up some incredible plays this year.

Great observation and comparison. This is like Harvin's freshman year with the team and like Nip, trying to show it all on every touch. He's an excitable guy by nature (more so than Kaufman, actually) and I think the more comfortable he gets, the more likely he will again just let the game come to him. He will remember he doesn't have to swing for the fence to hit the home run.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Napoleon Kaufman was the most exciting running back I seen play college or pro. Reggie Bush at USC is 2nd