30b0880dcdc51a2440b8e8697968d9ac.jpg
890013fe71721cd24c7fbc6878c2a817.jpg
116cbab9f664f47560438ab46135eeef.jpg

OP
OP
CentralPAHawkFan

CentralPAHawkFan

Reaction score
This is when I became a seahawks fan and the reason my eagles fan loving family wants to disown me...LOL.

Ron Mattes was a local PA boy and his family gave me the experience of a lifetime. Met Largent, Krieg, Bailey, Warner, Moyer, Green, Bryant, Blades etc...and many more. Got to go out to dinner with O Line as a young kid.

Have been a seahawks east coast fan ever since. Largent broke his elbow in a 31-7 seahawks loss that day, and cris carter and mike quick scored tds for the eagles in their win. I am now getting last laugh on my eagles fan loving family.

Finally made it out to Century Link for my first game for NFC championship last yr. even got to meet PMEDIC at the airport. Will never forget it. The stadium gave me chills. Waited 25 yrs to get out there and I didn't want to leave. Go Hawks!

Rufus

Reaction score
Great pics and story! What was dinner with the O line like? I imagine they look at a menu and then order something like "page 3."

OP
OP
CentralPAHawkFan

CentralPAHawkFan

Reaction score
The carnage the O-Line inflicted on that restaurant that evening in 1989 still gives me heartburn just thinking about it.

Some of the biggest Seahawk stars of that era were the absolute nicest people to meet. I will never forget how Largent, Krieg, Eugene Robinson, Bryan Millard, Jacob Green, Joe Nash, John L Williams, Norm Johnson and especially Ron Mattes treated such a young kid in Philly. I have multiple autographs of all of them and not once did any of them push me away, even knowing they had signed for me already in the hotel lobby. They just smiled, talked, signed, took pics, and thanked me. An impression that still impacts me as a proud fan today at almost 40 yrs old now.

The impact was huge as I never stopped being a fan of the Seahawks. I like all Philly teams, with the exception of the Eagles as my allegiance lies with the 12th man thanks to that day and experience. I get tired of answering the question of "How does someone on the east coast grow to like the Seahawks?" and now the all popular "Bandwagon" fan gets thrown around every time I rep the 12th man here in PA with one of my jerseys or gear. The proof is in the Pics.

The 12th man will always be Represented here in Central PA. 2 local guys are now on the team as well. So the Seahawks get a bit more publicity than in the past. Jordan Hill and Garry Gilliam are both PA boys. Steelton Highspire H.S. and Milton S Hershey H.S.

I will be at the Seahawks game in Philly this yr. If anyone else is in attendance and road trippin, hit me up with a message as the more the merrier. :thirishdrinkers:

45Hawker

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Very cool! Those pictures of Boz brought up an old Hawks memory for me:

Boz' had just signed and me and few buddies decided to go to Northwest College to watch his first practice. Back then, there was no access for fans, and we found that you could't even enter the campus. (begging and bribing the security guard didn't work)

So, we drove around the campus perimeter and found a neighborhood that bordered the football field, snuck into a backyard, and climbed some trees to view the practice over the fence! Pretty fun - 3 dudes up in a tree watching Boz and the team run through drills.

King Dog

Reaction score
I have a birthday card signed by Boz (my Dad sat next to him on an airplane) :D I thought my Dad signed it himself lol. This was back of course when everyone thought Boz was going to be the next Lawrence Taylor or whatever.

OP
OP
CentralPAHawkFan

CentralPAHawkFan

Reaction score
I would say I am livin the dream PMEDIC920, but after seeing all your posts on your recent trip to Seattle for the GB game - you apparently are livin it much more than me...Glad you got back to represent...LOL.

It was great meeting another passionate Seahawks fan on my way home from NFC Champ game. Talkin Seahawks football and then listening to you bust on my 49er loving neighbor as we waited on our flight was priceless and well worth the trip.