A banner day, in so many ways

NYCoug

Reaction score
It's back, baby! Seahawks football is upon us and it's nice to see that the boys have picked up right where they left off last season, the best in the league! Last Thursday truly was a magical day. The weather was perfect, the fans were in full voice, and I got to hang with the .Net crew at Temple with some of my buddies from back home. Man, it feels good to be back! I've done and pulled my best Marshawn and lurked in the shadows all off-season, now, it's all about that action!

I was hoping to write a book or have some of my writing published after the amazing journey that was last season, but my primary focus was making the repeat attempt happen, so that'll have to wait a little bit. Perhaps after this season? We shall see. Patience is a virtue and good things happen to those who wait and all that mumbo jumbo. Enough about last season though, that's already in the past! It's time to blaze a new trail! So, without further ado, here's a little something I wrote about last week's game. I figure it's easier for everyone if I just provide links this year, rather than engulfing the board in a wall of text. Hope you all enjoy and have a wonderful day! See you in San Diego!

http://www.seafense.net/2014/09/a-banner-day-in-so-many-ways.html

"They'll never repeat, kid! You're out of your damn mind! You're dreamin!"

"Why don't you just go out on top? You had the storybook season last year?!"

"I feel like you're Icarus right now, and you're about to fly too close to the sun."

These are just a few of the things I've heard upon telling people (people who I trust and love no less!) that the Seattle Seahawks are going to RePete as Super Bowl Champions and that I am going to be there to witness it. The response (of course the response from Seahawks fans has been tremendous, but would you expect anything else?) has been lukewarm at best, and that's trying to be overly optimistic as I have no choice but to be after experiencing last season.

And I'll admit, for a brief moment or two in the weeks after Super Bowl 48, that I thought about returning to my spot among the masses at Carlow East. How could you top last season? Why even bother when last season was so perfect? Fortunately for me, and unfortunately for the NFL teams that have to play the Seahawks this season, that's not what Pete Carroll has ingrained in this team and it's legion of rabid fans. Sure, seeing the Seahawks finally win the Super Bowl was amazing. Last season was one of, if not, the greatest experience of my life! However, like a good friend just told me not too long ago, don't sell yourself short!
Almost forgot to mention... this goes out to all of you who helped me out last season in what was definitely the greatest year of my life. Thank you, all of you, you know who you are and you will NEVER be forgotten. And also to those who took the time to read, didn't tell me to take a hike, and offered words of encouragement. You changed my life forever and helped me find my voice and helped me realize that I have passion for writing. That banner going up and that trophy coming to Seattle wouldn't have happened without the generosity and all the good vibes that everyone was putting out last year. We were just feeding off the team, so we can't take anything away from them, because THEY truly made it possible. But never has a fanbase played it's part like the 12th Man did last year, and especially, .Net. I'm proud to be a small part of this place.

GO Hawks!

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
Thanks for reading, Thunderbird. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I'll see you there, Largent! Honored to finally get to meet the legend! That's if Bart and Todd don't get me arrested first haha, should be great times.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Great write up as always brother! Looking forward to prefunking with you and all the 12's this weekend!

tooshort

Reaction score
The random meet up in the southwest corner was an epic omen my friend, starting the season just the way we ended it!

Everyone cross your fingers / pray / sacrifice a niners fan for a miraculously quick recovery for BFS who was supposed to be joining me and NYCOUG for a Superbowl reunion week 3. :happydrunks:

uncle fester

Reaction score
Was a pleasure to meet you (albeit briefly) at Met Life in February. Good luck with your new mission!

OP
OP
N

NYCoug

Reaction score
uncle fester":169ofaxh said:
Was a pleasure to meet you (albeit briefly) at Met Life in February. Good luck with your new mission!

The pleasure was all mine, Fester! Nobody will ever be able to take the memory of that night away from us. Thanks for the good luck, I'm gonna need it again!

tooshort":169ofaxh said:
The random meet up in the southwest corner was an epic omen my friend, starting the season just the way we ended it!

Everyone cross your fingers / pray / sacrifice a niners fan for a miraculously quick recovery for BFS who was supposed to be joining me and NYCOUG for a Superbowl reunion week 3. :happydrunks:

Definitely a fantastic omen! True dat on BFS. I'm pulling a Bruce Irvin and saying prayers that he'll be there with us for the reunion but he'll need a Luke Willson-style recovery in order to pull that off. One of our brothers has fallen and I've got to be honest, it's gonna be weird being at these road games without him. It just won't be the same.

Todd, I'm really excited to get away to San Diego. After getting canned at my job, I could use the time near the water to center myself and plan out what happens next and just relax. The fact that you, Bart, and Greg will be there makes it that much better. Should be a blast.

Lon, my friends think you're a hero. They're right, you are. The world needs more people like you, Lon.

JonRud

Reaction score
Great to have you back Dave - loved reading the trip report. Not sure yet of my plans to make it to the CLink for a game this year but I usually come up with something. 100% I will be back at the NFC Championship in January though to see Greg do some funnels out of a shrunken head.

Are we really Super Bowl Champions????