Quick read: Bobby Wagner, the next great Seahawks defender

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Link.

Nice to see B-Wagz getting some love. Excerpt:

Article":3qi6j72b said:
We always hear about the Seattle Seahawks' secondary, the "Legion of Boom," as well as the team's fierce pass rush.

The linebackers, for some reason, don't really seem to get their proper due.

Outside of Seattle, many fans would be hard-pressed to name any of the three starters, let alone the middle linebacker -- a player who is one of the rising stars in the league.

byau

Reaction score
A lot of good points. The LB position doesn't get much attention, even with Malcolm Smith getting the MVP. It's usually the line, CB, and Safeties

I didn't originally notice the speed on the PI play vs the Packers. And on the original broadcast they were outside of the camera view. You only see Rodgers waiting, waiting, then hurling the long pass and then the camera pans to where Bobby is and his PI play. It wasn't until afterwards reading these articles that we got some exposure to his speed on that play

Nice read

Greenhell

Reaction score
Hell, I've debated back and forth to get his jersey over ETIII or Kam. He's that damn good!

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Someone should ask Eddie "1.3 yard average on his last 10 carries" Lacy how good a linebacker Bobby is. He was in the hole and hitting Lacy time and time again.

Love me some Bobby Wagner!

HawkWow

Reaction score
I allow myself to see the entire D as the "LOB" these days. Technically inaccurate, yes, but one nickname seems like an appropriate number for any defense to me. The secondary wouldn't be what it is without the help it receives from the line, it's backers, and vice versa. And they all bring the boom.

As an aside, It sure would be nice if Irvin could get /stay on the field long enough to create some continuity. He's an underused component of Pete's plan of controlled mayhem and starting to resemble a guy that will kill it in his contract year, then end up a Jag.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
HawkWow":3ols67ye said:
I allow myself to see the entire D as the "LOB" these days. Technically inaccurate, yes, but one nickname seems like an appropriate number for any defense to me. The secondary wouldn't be what it is without the help it receives from the line, it's backers, and vice versa. And they all bring the boom.
I'm with you on that.

dusktreader

Reaction score
BlueTalon":270fie5b said:
HawkWow":270fie5b said:
I'm with you on that.

I like to extend the LOB tag to our entire pass defense. Including Avril and Bennet crashign in from the edges and our LB corps flying all over the place in coverage defying the laws of passing over the middle. I always think about the way Jimmy Graham was an absolute non-factor last year in the playoff game against the Saints. Wagner, Wright, and Smith are just awesome in coverage.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
After todays 11 tackles, that should put him at 36 for the season already, tied for 1st. I think Kuekeleyeyley has to make about 16 or 17 tackles tonight to take the lead. B Wag is killin' it! :th2thumbs: