Here comes QB murderers row

Largent80

Reaction score
Well, we will see 3 "elite" QB's in a row...I found this hilarious.....

"Peyton Manning can sympathize. The man who is the gold standard at the position piloted the highest-scoring offense in NFL history last season only to have his Broncos reach the Super Bowl, where the Seahawks administered the kind of beating usually reserved for bass drums or dead horses."

http://mynorthwest.com/1036/2606412/ONe ... lip-Rivers

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2j8kjdn7 said:
That's a great quote, haha. We're going to tear the Chargers a new one. :thfight7:

Yup and why aren't you coming , dagnabbit?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I really do think out of Rodgers, Manning and Rivers...........Rivers is going to give us the most problems. Mainly because our D won't have that home field advantage to get more pressure on the QB.

I still think we'll win this weekend, but if we don't get to Rivers, he has the ability to make this game closer than it should be.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think we all have every right to feel confident in a potential positive outcome of this game with SD, but we all should not take the Chargers lightly as they are capable of playing well and did so against Denver until the 4th Q. While I have confidence the team will win I'm doubtful the result is so much a foregone conclusion that we can believe the Hawks will lay a shellacking on them.

Vegas says Hawks by 6 which usually indicates they feel SD won't have much of a home field advantage.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
My only fear this week is that the lack of depth behind Lane is going to be the sore spot. Then again, maybe it will be decent bait for Rivers to attempt to exploit Burley or whomever is in there at the time? I dont see them throwing to Sherm more than a few times so Maxwell may get a chance to shine again! Maybe this is the game where Bruce Irvin spies Rivers all game and just terrorizes him?

Offensively I think it will be a small bore bloodbath.

Hawks by Double Digits!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jammerhawk":312i06a1 said:
Vegas says Hawks by 6 which usually indicates they feel SD won't have much of a home field advantage.

I think this game will look a lot like Arizona on the road last year, thousands and thousands of vocal Hawks fans in attendance.

The dawn of online ticket brokers has brought about a huge home field advantage seismic shift in the NFL, now affluent fanbases like SF, Seattle, Denver, etc can travel like crazy to support their team.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Rivers elite???I dunno about that..When he had a mvp rb ,a Gates in his healthy prime , All pro wr and a great defense..That was like 4-5 yrs ago..Now he is above average maybe at or below Romo..If you think Romo is elite well
um...

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Make no mistake. If you saw the hideous sight of 100's of delusional 49er fans running into the Dal-ASS cesspool stadium, you gotta know, the Hawks may have 60% of that stadium yelling Sea......Hawks this Sunday.

I'll be one of them.

lobohawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":35y6cv1v said:
Rivers elite???I dunno about that..When he had a mvp rb ,a Gates in his healthy prime , All pro wr and a great defense..That was like 4-5 yrs ago..Now he is above average maybe at or below Romo..If you think Romo is elite well
um...

Tomlinson was only elite River's first 2 or 3 years. Big drop off after that, as he was nagged by injuries. Wasn't even available for a playoff run. Rivers returned to form last year with the highest completion average (69.5%) and over an 8 yrd avg. Don't think his line will help him enough, but don't discount what he can do.

El Caliente

Reaction score
With all due respect to how you guys cleaned his clock in the SB, Manning has always been a regular season super star. He can't do crap in the postseason, but it is during those regular season, no pressure games, when he craps the bed. He goes from NFL MVP during the regular season, to post season chump.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Forgive me if I'm overlooking something, but I read "3 elite QBs" in this thread. I get Rivers and Manning, but do you mean to tell me you consider RGiii elite? Or surely you are talking about BYE as elite is the only other explanation

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":1vydq6vg said:
Forgive me if I'm overlooking something, but I read "3 elite QBs" in this thread. I get Rivers and Manning, but do you mean to tell me you consider RGiii elite? Or surely you are talking about BYE as elite is the only other explanation

Well, the article included Rodgers, which was the basis for the post.

hawk45

Reaction score
El Caliente":10kwm6y6 said:
With all due respect to how you guys cleaned his clock in the SB, Manning has always been a regular season super star. He can't do crap in the postseason, but it is during those regular season, no pressure games, when he craps the bed. He goes from NFL MVP during the regular season, to post season chump.

Okay, how about the rest of the elite QBs nullified by our defense then. The confidence in the pass D here and around the league is based on a lot more than just the Superbowl. I mean if your intent was to quibble with the article using the Superbowl example, okay, but it's kind of a nitpick when the general thrust of the argument, that his defense is hell for opposing QBs, is inarguable.

Now, it is on the road and by definition not as much of a gimme as in Seattle. But I didn't see anything out of Rivers last week that worried me. He likes those sideline routes which you just cannot throw on our D at all. If he tries that with Sherman it's other way for six.

He'll have to work the slot receiver to take advantage of our nickel corner, or throw the underneath hook and curl routes on Maxwell, and it's a tall order to dink and dunk your way down the field against this defense for a score.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
They'll score. Rivers will move the ball. But it's the worst defense in the NFL that is the reason they really have little hope to win. Our offense is going to move the ball well and if we don't beat ourselves, the Chargers aren't going to do it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Manning is much more deliberate and thus more predictable than Rivers, imo. Rivers seems to be going on a wing and a prayer. More of a poor man's Aaron Rodgers ....though not nearly as complete or dangerous, imo. Not knocking him, I like Rivers a lot. He is a fiery guy but sometimes allows his emotions to get the best of him in critical situations. We don't see that as much from Manning, Brees, Wilson or Ryan. We do see Brady and Rodgers get a tad emotional. Usually right before they rip your heart out.

sutz

Reaction score
Whatever. IIRC, we're undefeated against the best QBs in the league based on opinions of pundits.

:229031_shrug: