What Bothered You Most About This Loss?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
First off I'm not going to make any excuses about this lost. To be honest I am not even mad. Philip Rivers was just lights out and so was Antonio Gates. We just got outplayed plain and simple.

With that said in terms of how our team performed what bothered you guys the most? For me it was...

1. Pass protection. Not sold on Britt. The right side seems weak. I suspect this is gonna carry on all year.

2. The way our LBs played in coverage. It was unacceptable.

3. We neglected Percy Harvin.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Our pass rush. Rivers had all day to throw. We could not get to him. Our whole defense is predicated on us getting some pressure. There front line dominated our pass rush. I think our offense did fine for as long as they were on the field. Yeah our offensive line could be better but this is nothing new to our team. I noticed we blitzed a whole lot today. Normally we don't blitz nearly as much. Rivers picked us apart. I hope this pass rush fail was an anomaly. For now no worries but this will not do next week.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
We neglected Lynch. A cutesy handoff to Lockette when Lynch is picking up 6 ypc? 3rd and long when it should have been 3rd and reasonable? Gimme a break.

Sending Antonio Gates back to his prime. That was the guy from my fantasy team in 2004.

Exposing the fact for all to see that our D is nowhere near as deep as last season.

Irvin's stupid penalty. That said, Irvin was also one of my positive takeaways from this game. That might be the most physical I have ever seen him play, period. Hoping that carries over into the rest of the year.

SeahawksForever

Reaction score
Irvin's late hit. It took most of the game for the D to finally get into a rhythm and start feeling it. Once that flag was tossed I just felt in my gut we weren't meant to win today.

Lxx

Reaction score
defensive ends collapse the pocket really hard.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
We didn't neglect Lynch. We didn't have the ball enough, and penalties/blown up plays took the run game out of the equation. Offensive play-calling was not the issue today. They were actually extremely efficient in the opps they had. Our defense just couldn't get them on the field.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
That it was a loss. Winning on the road is very difficult. Probably best to move on from this one and not overanalyze.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
The last drive.

We had 89 yards to go to win it, with plenty of time, 2 time outs I think.

And then a big fat :34853_doh:

Nothing in the tank, no magic, no effort.... just crap.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Oh another thing that bothered me was how we made Phillip FN Rivers look like Randle Cunningham with his feet.

Ozzy

Reaction score
We didn't neglect Lynch so much as we just were never on the field. What bothers me the most is the stupid penalties. Irvin, Sweezy on a third down after a timeout etc. Baffling at how many mentally unacceptable penalties we had.

Some of the veterans had terrible games. Baldwin, Miller, Okung, Chancellor etc. I'm at a loss to explain how so many guys could be that off at the same time. Can't blame it on the heat, everyone played in the same conditions.

Irvin's penalty stands out the most. How do you do that at that moment in the game? I would say he wont see the field next week but Smith, Wright and company didn't play much better...

the ditch

Reaction score
lousy tackling, terrible run defense, and Sherman getting clowned the whole game.

Why did we have so many linebackers in coverage, same with Kam.

I think we will be much better next week.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
For me, winning this by anything less than a score would have brought back fail Mary memories, as Percy was out of bounds on his TD. That would not have been fun to live with had we won by a point. Having said that, I hated losing by more than one score for the first time since 11'.

Losing is never a fun feeling, but I think a team like ours needs this when they start listening to the heads... We are not the best ever. We are an angry bunch of low draft picks and unwanted pedestrians. And we better be next week.

The worst part for me was seeing Kam get abused. I've been screaming about how brutal and underrated he is.

Second was Zachary Miller. What a terrible game for that fellow.

Third, the final drive. I don't mind losing, but we showed no resilience on that handful of plays at all. Get better, Gentlemen.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
the ditch":1h4fi0a6 said:
lousy tackling, terrible run defense, and Sherman getting clowned the whole game.

Why did we have so many linebackers in coverage, same with Kam.

I think we will be much better next week.

So many in coverage and still played like a.s.s. defending the pass is unacceptable

M2MG

Reaction score
Third down defense. They have got to be better, especially on the road. I'm not as smart as 95% of the members here, so I don't post much. But it seemed clear to me that something wasn't "as usual" with the defense today. Maybe the heat? I don't accept that as a reason. Mismatches? Maybe, but I'm not quite ready to accept that either. They have been great at creating mismatches in their favor, or at least making those mismatches less of a mismatch. I wasn't expecting a blowout like many, but I was pretty sure that we had the dogs to win this fight. Waiting for kearly to post his observations to get some insight.

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
SeahawksForever":ikxf9k8u said:
Irvin's late hit. It took most of the game for the D to finally get into a rhythm and start feeling it. Once that flag was tossed I just felt in my gut we weren't meant to win today.

Ditto, I was so pissed at him.

dusktreader

Reaction score
1. Irvin's ridiculous late hit. What the hell, man?
2. Linebackers in coverage. Our LB unit has been pretty great in coverage, but tonight they looked horrible
3. Letting check-downs and dump offs turn into first downs. Our coverage in the flat during the first half was a joke.