We are missing the obvious

Reaction score
I think that the surface we play on affects us especially on defense, we just don't fly to the ball like we do on field turf,and don't get the same push on the d- line. I have noticed some of our worst performances have been on grass fields.
It would be interesting to see the Hawks record on natural grass in the Carol era. What do you guys think?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
While that may be true most of our losses in the Wilson era have been in domes on artificial turf.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Heat has an impact on any defense, specially a fast one, then no substitution allowed by offense added to it. I think we should have ground the ball more instead of trying to score fast. Time of possession is the best indicator for us and Marshawn was as fresh as ever. The team practiced for more high potent passing offense instead of going back to the ground. When the defense is in the field longer, you make mistakes, you are exhausted and you also get penalties. On the other hand, the offense not being on the field affected their drives at the end because we never got a chance to get into a rhythm. Run run run, we should just keep grinding the ball.

Jville

Reaction score
The Great Hawktini":1bg86j5n said:
I think that the surface we play on affects us especially on defense, we just don't fly to the ball like we do on field turf,and don't get the same push on the d- line. I have noticed some of our worst performances have been on grass fields.
It would be interesting to see the Hawks record on natural grass in the Carol era. What do you guys think?

That seems to have been the case so far in the 2014 preseason + 2014 regular season. Although, it might be just be a coincidence. The grass field in San Diego today was far better than the previous two lose grass/dirt fields. Still, to my eye, the 2014 Seahawks have looked better on field turf thus far.

Sealake80

Reaction score
seahawks08":216c0pna said:
Heat has an impact on any defense, specially a fast one, then no substitution allowed by offense added to it. I think we should have ground the ball more instead of trying to score fast. Time of possession is the best indicator for us and Marshawn was as fresh as ever. The team practiced for more high potent passing offense instead of going back to the ground. When the defense is in the field longer, you make mistakes, you are exhausted and you also get penalties. On the other hand, the offense not being on the field affected their drives at the end because we never got a chance to get into a rhythm. Run run run, we should just keep grinding the ball.

I really think you have great points. Thanks for sharing this perspective. It makes sense to me and helps to understand the loss and drastic issue with time of possession.