New rules effecting LOB?

Beer Hawk

Reaction score
NBC mentioned the rule changes a couple times during the Hawks/Bolts highlights. Didn't seem that way to me, however just wondering what some of the more insightful football minds on here thought.

chris98251

Reaction score
We were not challenging catches or using much bump and run on the line, that was our signature last year. We are playing off and reacting rather than dictating.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
It was odd. I really didn't see us make ANY contact, even in the 5 yards where it's allowed.

The bunch formations weren't helping the issue. But it was still weird.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I also did not see much true press technique. That was always more of BB's specialty though, Sherman played off a little more, so maybe this one just one of those games.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
bbsplitter":pzdm3u73 said:
I also did not see much true press technique. That was always more of BB's specialty though, Sherman played off a little more, so maybe this one just one of those games.
That was part of the plan. Rivers usually forces balls and you get a cookie, didn't happen.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I would love to see the numbers for last year because this team looks specifically built to play on turf.

I think the problem was playing on grass and then playing in the heat.

Yes, one bad call sustained a drive but then again, we got the Percy call to offset that. While I believe that we still would have scored there - there is no guarantee.

I think that part of the reason our homefield advantage is so significant is not just the noise but that our speed really shows up on turf and that makes it hard to play against this defense.

I don't think this team plays near as well on grass and I think that is part of the reason we struggle in SF, and one key reason we lost today.

We don't look near as effective away from the turf.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":qpn50p58 said:
bbsplitter":qpn50p58 said:
That was part of the plan. Rivers usually forces balls and you get a cookie, didn't happen.

So the game plan was to play soft so Rivers doesn't have to force it? He can just neatly drop it in? Well that worked...

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":27zqc93q said:
I would love to see the numbers for last year because this team looks specifically built to play on turf.

I think the problem was playing on grass and then playing in the heat.

Yes, one bad call sustained a drive but then again, we got the Percy call to offset that. While I believe that we still would have scored there - there is no guarantee.

I think that part of the reason our homefield advantage is so significant is not just the noise but that our speed really shows up on turf and that makes it hard to play against this defense.

I don't think this team plays near as well on grass and I think that is part of the reason we struggle in SF, and one key reason we lost today.

We don't look near as effective away from the turf.

I started a thread about this very subject , I agree we don't look the same on grass.