On to the next one. Does Denver try to mimic what SD did?

Greenhell

Reaction score
The up beat offense not allowing us any D substitutes was obviously a part of SD's game plan. Do we see Denver try to copy this?

While I would love nothing more than a repeat of the Super Bowl, it's obviously going to be a lot closer game.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm sure they will.

On the other hand, they tried it during the Super Bowl, and ended up losing handily. If the Seattle D does a better job flying around the field and laying the lumber, Denver will have to go away from the game plan.

OP
OP
Greenhell

Greenhell

Reaction score
I don't see why they wouldn't either but just listening to Holmy on KJR his thought was that Denver would be stubborn and stick to what they know.

Denver's D hasn't been that great and almost losing two consecutive games in the 2nd half of the game. I hope there is a heavy dose of 'shawn.

jblaze

Reaction score
They'll try obviously. Some will think the blueprint has been printed on how to beat us but there's one problem with that, you have to play the game.

Four things:

1. We'll be at home.

2. It won't be in 120 degree heat.

3. We're coming off a game where the LOB got dominated and they'll be pissed. Kam with 7 missed tackles. Looks more like he keeps going for the decapitation instead of the sure tackle.

4. They'll learn from this and fix these issues. Also I think they've been humbled a little bit so they'll come out more focused.

We win at home vs. Denver. Going 2-1 vs. Rodgers, Rivers and Manning, I'll take it and an early season humbler to understand you're going to have to go out there and expect everyone's best each and every week.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Greenhell":273jg460 said:
The up beat offense not allowing us any D substitutes was obviously a part of SD's game plan. Do we see Denver try to copy this?

While I would love nothing more than a repeat of the Super Bowl, it's obviously going to be a lot closer game.
They did already in February result was 43-8 so in conclusion I am not worried. I figure we win by 10.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
The Chargers had a brilliant game plan. Keep Gates against linebackers and throw to him a lot. (Among other things.) I'll be curious to see if the Broncos try the same thing.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":9zof8s60 said:
The Chargers had a brilliant game plan. Keep Gates against linebackers and throw to him a lot. (Among other things.) I'll be curious to see if the Broncos try the same thing.
Of course they will it's what the rules dictate and facilitate. They did it in the Superbowl and New Orleans also did it. Basically Gates found the fountain of youth and Rivers was on fire it happens. Remember that Gates is probably a HoFer and possibly Rivers will be also its not like they are scrubs or that San Diego is a trash team.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2a3bvuyf said:

They also lined up with 3WR on the left with Gates on the right and no other WR...This forced Sherman to play on the opposite side....I thought that was a pretty good plan because it leaves Gates against a LB and Kam

A

Anonymous

RolandDeschain":3dseo9vv said:

What this dude said.

Only problem: their tight ends really aren't all that good.

A couple whacks from Kam and Thomas won't be wanting to get open.

HOLLYWOOD

Reaction score
SD's gameplan was superb yesterday. When you add that and our critical mistakes no wonder we lost.

If I'm Denver I would not mimic it though completely. I'm quite certain our opposing TE's are not going to have a field day like Gates did. At least they better not.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Denver better to do what they do, and do it flawlessly.
I don't think they have much of a chance but if they try to get cute, it will be a long, bad day for them.

kpak76

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3cvrd4b1 said:
RolandDeschain":3cvrd4b1 said:

What this dude said.

Denver or Chargers? Actually it doesn't matter they both have elite offensive weapons at the TE position. Gates is no joke as we saw yesterday and JT off the Broncos is as good as they come. If the LB play like they did yesterday its going to be tough to stop the Donks. Manning is still Manning and not the sucky Manning.

marko358

Reaction score
Going into a bye at 1-2 would be pretty awful. I expect Pete and his staff to prepare our guys for this next game but I hope we are able to cover Julius Thomas much better than we covered Gates. I'm expecting a grind out type of game decided by a FG or so.

Largent80

Reaction score
It will be totally different even if they do the same thing. We have a huge dispute about the heat being a negative aspect of yesterdays game. People that were there (me, and many others) state that it definitely had a bad effect on our defense.

That being said, the quick passing game is usually the only way to try and beat us. If you look at the GB game at home, that was all they had, or chuck it up and hope for P.I.

In Seattle, if Denver does this, they will lose.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
A little, but it's not "their game plan" it's SD's, and you can't just "learn that" in a week.

Polaris

Reaction score
Not only that but I don't think Denver can do or is comfortable doing what the Chargers did. Remember last year when San Diego upset the Broncos? They did it to them almost exactly the same way they did it to us. I think the Broncos will try to use as much as they can from this last game, but I also don't think it will be nearly as successful given the differences between the two teams and the fact that this time it's at the Clink...and that does make a difference.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
One thing they won't be able to do is get Manning out of the pocket and extending like Rivers did.

Rivers is Usain Bolt, but Manning moves like Frankenstein.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3exhpsii said:
RolandDeschain":3exhpsii said:

What this dude said.

You don't think Julius Thomas is good?