Yin and Yang

Hawks46

Reaction score
To start, I honestly don't think the over reaction that we have seen here is nearly as bad as in the past at .Net. I applaud you guys and gals; this is generally considered a bad loss when you lose to a 6 point dog, but yet most foiks are taking it in stride. It's never going to go totally away, as some people are passionate and emotional about our team and their personality is a knee jerk reaction. It's all good, as it takes all types of fans. Typically, these folks are screaming till their lungs bleed at a home game, that's what passion gets ya.

I theorize that what bothers most of us about this loss (I had to self analyze, but count me in this group), is that we were considered one of the favorites to go to the SB last year, and we ripped off what, 6 wins to open the season ? Now, we're the defending champs, we're one of the overwhelming favorites to win the SB, we've gotten tons of media love, and here we are at 1-1.

I honestly think some of us were too arrogant. I read a lot of posts dismissing the fact that we're going to get teams' best shots each week "we got their best shots last year" and "our best shot is better than anyone else's best shot, i aint skairt". Sometimes, their best shot doesn't coincide with our best shot. It's tough to win in the NFL.

I just wanted to pat everyone on the back. This seemed to be a fairly reasonable week after a loss. I think it's a good thing, an attitude adjuster, and we're going to be pissed off at that poor Broncos team. Go Hawks !

Lxx

Reaction score
this game should've been humbling to fans.
The seahawks are not going to blow out everyone 35-7

Especially on the road, in outdoor stadiums

Cartire

Reaction score
Hardly humbled.

This game was not a standard and we still have the best team.

Please tell me again, why do I have to be humble as a fan?

kearly

Reaction score
I feel humbled by the pure awesomeness of Antonio Gates. He earned the win for his team. Hard to be upset about that.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kearly":3fn9acin said:
I feel humbled by the pure awesomeness of Antonio Gates. He earned the win for his team. Hard to be upset about that.
Same, but I'd like to add Rivers to that. Every time the Chargers needed a play, he made one - including some spectacular ones under mad pressure.

I've always liked and respected that goofy son-of-a-gun, but even a little more so, now.

Rainger

Reaction score
I think this loss was good for the team. It was non divisional and SF lost same weekend. Get it over early against a great QB. Gates and Rivers played lights out.

The heat was a factor and the team can now crawl down from the "we are SB champs" a bit. I bet PC uses this just fine as a learning process and the spirit of this team gets hardened by not only the loss but understandings.

Look for a good bounce back in our park against Denver. This was a good loss at a good time in this season against a top QB and TE combo. This will help this team in the long run. Mark my words.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawks46":3gjpp2yw said:
To start, I honestly don't think the over reaction that we have seen here is nearly as bad as in the past at .Net. I applaud you guys and gals; this is generally considered a bad loss when you lose to a 6 point dog, but yet most foiks are taking it in stride. It's never going to go totally away, as some people are passionate and emotional about our team and their personality is a knee jerk reaction. It's all good, as it takes all types of fans. Typically, these folks are screaming till their lungs bleed at a home game, that's what passion gets ya.

I theorize that what bothers most of us about this loss (I had to self analyze, but count me in this group), is that we were considered one of the favorites to go to the SB last year, and we ripped off what, 6 wins to open the season ? Now, we're the defending champs, we're one of the overwhelming favorites to win the SB, we've gotten tons of media love, and here we are at 1-1.

I honestly think some of us were too arrogant. I read a lot of posts dismissing the fact that we're going to get teams' best shots each week "we got their best shots last year" and "our best shot is better than anyone else's best shot, i aint skairt". Sometimes, their best shot doesn't coincide with our best shot. It's tough to win in the NFL.

I just wanted to pat everyone on the back. This seemed to be a fairly reasonable week after a loss. I think it's a good thing, an attitude adjuster, and we're going to be pissed off at that poor Broncos team. Go Hawks !
You know what? After calming down about the result I agree with your assessment. :th2thumbs:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Yep. Nothing to hang our head about. We will overcome this.

I almost feel sorry for Denver next week.

ALMOST. :thfight7:

chris98251

Reaction score
Well most here are able to see a well executed game plan and a defense that in the first quarter could not get out of their own way to stop the Chargers. Spending that much time on the filed then begun to take it's toll in dehydration, being tired and with the heat a loss of focus. When heat exhaustion starts to take effect it's much harder to react and think about things in general versus things in a split second, digestion of real time information showed up in our slow reaction time and just being slow in general.

Most here are tipping their hat to the Chargers for giving us a good spanking, even then we were still in it up till the last 1:30 or so.

Seahawks1Fan

Reaction score
Wasn't expecting us to go undeafed this year anyway.

Losing will always suck but it's time to move on.

It's Donkey week!!! :D

Tip of the cap to Rivers and Gates for playing out of their minds. And also to our guys for never giving up. I mean, despite all the things that went wrong and the extreme conditions and missed tackles and missed assignments and losing the turnover battle, we STILL had the ball with a chance to win late in the game.

I love this team!!! :179417:

Latest posts