offense too good?

BlueBlood

Reaction score
In the San Diego game we scored too fast. Is it possible that we are so dynamic offensively that the team is having an identity crisis? This team has made it to the NFC Championship and Won the Superbowl in back to back seasons playing a grinding, smashing and physically imposing style on both sides of the ball.

Ill be honest, there is part of me that worries that this team could be second guessing itself, if only just a little. Its early, but our scoring drives have been extremly short at times, including preseason (fwiw). In this game the defense was left out there far too long and we got beat at our own game.

I'm not worried about this, just wanted to see if anyone else has thought about this. This team is absolutely impossible to stop unless they stop themselves. I feel Bev made some bad calls in regard to the offensive tempo of the game, calling plays to try to slow us down and allowing the defense to rest up and keep Rivers and Co. on the bench on that final drive.

If we are gonna be dynamic, then score as much as possible. Being conservative JUST to be conservative is a waste. Either utilize your weapons 100%, score as much as possible regardless of how tired the defense is and just pray they hold on or pound the ball, play action, ball control. Its hard to do both and this new found dymamic is going to require some growing pains. If they try to force balance it could back fire.

I expect the Hawks to come out scoring quickly next game, if the defense gets stops early i expect a very fast start with Denver compiling tons of yards and points while playing from behind.

Im going to say the score will be entirely absurd. Something in the 48-35 range. Seattle will put up over 500 yards this week.

chris98251

Reaction score
People say we scored too quickly, if we would have scored and got a turn over in the next series and then scored again the whole perspective would be different, we have counted on turnovers and giving our offense a opportunity Petes whole time here. The ball was coming out, it just was bouncing back to the Chargers.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
chris98251":1nb6w0uy said:
People say we scored too quickly, if we would have scored and got a turn over in the next series and then scored again the whole perspective would be different, we have counted on turnovers and giving our offense a opportunity Petes whole time here. The ball was coming out, it just was bouncing back to the Chargers.

I totally agree. We did score too fast, but with those turnovers coming our way its a massacre. This team will be the highest scoring team in Seahawks history by a large margin. For San Diego its fools gold, not that they arent decent, and for the rest of the league, thinking they found a hole in our vest.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Dang right we do! Look at how Peyton, Brees, and Rodgers all say "Hold up guys, let's run a bunch in the red zone to slow down our offense, give our defense more of a breather before putting 'em back out on the field."

Oh, wait... :)

peppersjap

Reaction score
That is like the argument that we scored too fast in the playoff game 2 years ago against Atlanta at the end of the game. If you have the chance to score you do it, the opportunity might not be there a play later!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I don't recall who said it but some one on ESPN radio yesterday pointed out that PR had 22 of his completions on downs where we only rushed 4. Maybe we just need a blitz package?

justafan

Reaction score
They had 2 chances to pull out the game at the end.Scoring too fast was the least of their problems.
21 points. they were a long way from being too good, if that is possible

pocketprotector

Reaction score
No such thing as scoring too fast (end of game situations aside), only punting too fast.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1qkd7cw7 said:
In the San Diego game we scored too fast. Is it possible that we are so dynamic offensively that the team is having an identity crisis? This team has made it to the NFC Championship and Won the Superbowl in back to back seasons playing a grinding, smashing and physically imposing style on both sides of the ball.

Ill be honest, there is part of me that worries that this team could be second guessing itself, if only just a little. Its early, but our scoring drives have been extremly short at times, including preseason (fwiw). In this game the defense was left out there far too long and we got beat at our own game.

I'm not worried about this, just wanted to see if anyone else has thought about this. This team is absolutely impossible to stop unless they stop themselves. I feel Bev made some bad calls in regard to the offensive tempo of the game, calling plays to try to slow us down and allowing the defense to rest up and keep Rivers and Co. on the bench on that final drive.

If we are gonna be dynamic, then score as much as possible. Being conservative JUST to be conservative is a waste. Either utilize your weapons 100%, score as much as possible regardless of how tired the defense is and just pray they hold on or pound the ball, play action, ball control. Its hard to do both and this new found dymamic is going to require some growing pains. If they try to force balance it could back fire.

I expect the Hawks to come out scoring quickly next game, if the defense gets stops early i expect a very fast start with Denver compiling tons of yards and points while playing from behind.

Im going to say the score will be entirely absurd. Something in the 48-35 range. Seattle will put up over 500 yards this week.

NFC Championship an Superbowl in Back to Back seasons? Are we living in the same world?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Revising history with Blue Blood. Yup, not NFCCG twl years in a row.

One game does not a crisis make, and even if there is an identity crisis, it will get fixed.

When an OC gets a new toy that is fun to play with, there is an adjustment period of not ignoring the rest of his older, more well known toys. San Fran had this wonderful idea last year that Kaepernick was the center of the offense, and used him to dismantle Green Bay. The next two weeks they got cute with trying to put the game on Kaepernick, and when they had seen enough of that, they went back to ramming the ball down defenses throats with the run game.

I expect the same from Seattle. When Bevell got too cute in 2012, experimenting with hurry up, Pete took a game in Dallas and even in a loss re-established the identity of the team with Lynch. If he has too, he will do the same now.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":h47f9n0w said:
I expect the same from Seattle. When Bevell got too cute in 2012, experimenting with hurry up, Pete took a game in Dallas and even in a loss re-established the identity of the team with Lynch. If he has too, he will do the same now.

Confused. Did you mean 2011?