Lynch left field because of back problem

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
He's been having back "issues" for years and has sat out tons of practices because of his back over the years. I believe it's more precautionary than anything.

kearly

Reaction score
Poor back health is not only uncomfortable but can lead to a variety of nervous system ailments. For example, I have a neck / upper back problem and if I go a month without visiting the chiropractor it leads to shoulder pain and even shoulder stiffness (even though there is nothing that's actually wrong with my shoulder).

Back spasms are even worse, I would imagine that it's about as easy to play through back spasms as it is cramps, perhaps worse. And playing through craps is just about impossible.

irocdave

Reaction score
Lynch has had back issues for a couple of years, no doubt partly because of the way he runs the ball. I'm sure after his career is over he will have surgery. I had back "spasms" in my mid 30's. Tried to take it easy but wound up having to have a laminectomy so that I could function a couple years later. Probably one of the reasons Lynch knows he wont be with the Hawks next year? All it takes is one "event" and he will be laying on the ground writhing in a pain most cant fathom and not able to move. Then you cant stand up straight, sit for more than 20 minutes or walk without being hunched over. A "bad back and muscle spasms" means his back is telling him to STOP. Hopefully he spent the offseason working on his core strength and can make it through the year.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
kearly":3i8tx8kp said:
And playing through craps is just about impossible.
Not to mention very embarrassing. On the plus side, no one wants to tackle you :)

pmedic920

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":196gfo5f said:
SalishHawkFan":196gfo5f said:
kearly":196gfo5f said:
Not to mention very embarrassing. On the plus side, no one wants to tackle you :)
I assume Kearly meant "cramps".
MizzouHawkGal":196gfo5f said:
SalishHawkFan":196gfo5f said:
kearly":196gfo5f said:

You gunna have a hard time living this one down.
I think it's your first since.......
:)

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Back issues are the worst. Have had spasms a lot over the years. I actually had an issue yesterday and my back popped twice causing me to drop to the floor. Rest and massages are about the best thing that Marshawn can do along with core exercises. I'm sure he gets. Plenty of that

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pmedic920":2omiyeok said:
MizzouHawkGal":2omiyeok said:
SalishHawkFan":2omiyeok said:
kearly":2omiyeok said:
MizzouHawkGal":2omiyeok said:
SalishHawkFan":2omiyeok said:
kearly":2omiyeok said:

You gunna have a hard time living this one down.
I think it's your first since.......
:)
It's will be fine since I deleted myself...Queen Deleter or something might be fitting...:)

ivotuk

Reaction score
Back issues are nothing to be trifled with. Although I can't find the link, my Charger fan buddy says he read that Lynch is questionable for Sunday. I find that hard to believe.

The main problem with back issues is that everyone is different. I almost ended up in a wheel chair wearing a diaper but I had no symptoms in my mid or upper back. They were in my lower back and the MRI happened to catch an issue with T8-T11. The test the doctor had me do was to stand with my eyes close and spread my arms out. I fell over every time, ti was weird. 4 back surgeries later I have 20 screws, 4 rods, 1 plate, chronic pain and take enough narcotics to kill a horse.

I'd be curios to know how they are treating Marshawn's back issues. I go to a Chiropractor (it's worth the time and effort to find a good one), get massages, acupuncture, heat pad, pain patches, ice packs, and yoga. Used to do the electronic stimulation which is what I think Lynch might be doing for back spasms. ice then heat then ice works well too. The painkillers are the last resort (just ask Brett Favre) and have been known to kill people. Especially Methadone. I hate that shit because it slows down your metabolism and heart rate. My ex-girlfriend's sister was taking it recreationally and drowned in her own bathtub from an overdose.

In my experience, back issues don't go away but if you take care of them, you can keep them from getting worse. I can only imagine what kind of a pounding those vertebrae take each time Marshawn piles in to a group of defensive linemen. A strong core, which I'm sure Marshawn has, will help maintain them too. But once bones and scar tissue start to develop in the areas where the nerves exit the spinal column, it's impossible to stop. My 3rd back surgery removed scar tissue from my first back surgery, then they fused them.

My guess is the lack of action in San Diego, then the extreme heat and humidity coupled with then cooling it down with the mist fan while sitting still is what brought them on. Sometimes I'm at my stiffest when I wake up in the morning, and at my best after a work out at the gym.

Sorry for the "book" too much coffee this morning. :179419: